• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

122 college teams wish they were 9-1.  We are one of eight teams with at least a 9-1 record.  I'm pleased as punch!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 11/16/2017 at 9:19 PM, The Great 8 said:

Aside from a miscue against Houston, Gilbert has wisely kept the offense veiled all season. UCF has literally no tape on what they'll see Friday. We're going to catch them by surprise!

/s

bad miscue and bad loss

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 11/17/2017 at 2:30 PM, The Great 8 said:

Yeah, we expected an OC to come in and see "Gee. That's a great offense tailored to the kids playing it" and learn it. Instead of "Gee. I really like to run this one thing. Let's do it despite of the talent here at the moment."

That deserves frustration. These grown ass men are paid a lot to maximize their talent and the only reason we're 9-1 is because of a soft schedule and despite what the coaches are choosing to do on offense.

I think you were in for a disappointment no matter who was hired. I’ve never seen a team, college or professional, hire a head coach or coordinator based off of one body of work and then once they’re shelling out millions of $, ask the guy to do none of the stuff that got him hired in the first place. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Yep, on paper it looks awfully close.  But the eye test though. 

My eye test reveals Q missing wide open receivers, WRs dropping balls, 4th and 24.  None of those are on the coaches.  Our, "slowed" down offense has helped our defense tremendously.  Last season we lost one because our defense couldn't stop anyone.  This season we lost one because our defense couldn't stop a 4th and 24.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

On 11/17/2017 at 2:30 PM, The Great 8 said:

Yeah, we expected an OC to come in and see "Gee. That's a great offense tailored to the kids playing it" and learn it. Instead of "Gee. I really like to run this one thing. Let's do it despite of the talent here at the moment."

That deserves frustration. These grown ass men are paid a lot to maximize their talent and the only reason we're 9-1 is because of a soft schedule and despite what the coaches are choosing to do on offense.

We lost 1,418 yards rushing, 1,049 yards receiving, and 25 TDs with the loss of Mack and Adams.  It doesn't look to me that we have the same speed or field awareness that we had with those two.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

We lost 1,418 yards rushing, 1,049 yards receiving, and 25 TDs with the loss of Mack and Adams.  It doesn't look to me that we have the same speed or field awareness that we had with those two.

OK, we didn't go to 0 yards rushing, 0 yards receiving, and 0 TDs from their replacement.

This is an example of that metaphorical "cliff" I've spoken about before. If Adams was here MVS wouldn't have as many yards. If Mack was here, Tice wouldn't. 

They weren't replaced by slouches. Whereas Flowers might be next year (an actual potential cliff is coming).

My assertion is that the lack of same speed you're seeing is primarily due to play calling. Not dropoff in talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Team plays like a 7-3 team... our weak schedule really helped us a lot. 

Team has an opportunity to silence the naysayers by winning the next two games.