• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, NCBull said:

These are fair points, but it's all "if" we lose, while really assuming we will.  How about considering that while we haven't faced a team like C all year, the opposite is true.  How about how we historically match up with them?  How about looking at common opponents (really, we stack up ok in this metric also)?  How about it's a rivalry game and our guys will be jacked for it?  And how about we're the mother ******* USF Bulls and our goal of a conference championship is in our control and we're going to bludgeon the knightcrawlers to death?!?!?

:04-rock:

18 minutes ago, NCBull said:

And how about we're the mother ******* USF Bulls and our goal of a conference championship is in our control and we're going to bludgeon the knightcrawlers to death?!?!?

:04-rock:

I like this quote and I’m with you! I am certainly not conceding a loss to UCF. There is a lot of heart in that Bulls locker room and they are not going to lay down by any means. This is a great rivalry that gets better every year. I’m excited for it. GO BULLS!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just addressing the hypothetical scenario posed. 

I think the teams are evenly matched and can go either way. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Let me pose a question:

In pretty much every game this year, when needed, we opened up the offense enough to get, what the coaching staff felt, was a big enough lead then went into a shell.  Happened with ECU, Houston, Tulane and Tulsa.

Is it possible that he just miscalculated with Houston (no one expects to convert on 4th and 24) and we can really be the offense we hoped for if we keep it turned on for all 60 minutes?

The pattern all year has been to go super, ultra conservative once we are up by 3 scores. Both offense and defense. On offense they have just shut down on defense in most games they started subbing in the 4th quarter. 

I am hoping Strong has just been saving Flowers for the next two and will now open up everything. I am not talking about opening the playbook, I mean keeping our foot down from the opening kick to the final gun. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

I don' believe that CCS or Gilbert understand that the Offense is supposed to try to get into the end-zone every time. I think that concept is lost on them. I truly do.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,628
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I don' believe that CCS or Gilbert understand that the Offense is supposed to try to get into the end-zone every time. I think that concept is lost on them. I truly do.

This is a good point.  I believe on every series, they try to do what they need to do to get or hold the lead.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

This is a good point.  I believe on every series, they try to do what they need to do to get or hold the lead.

That's the focus...do what is needed to win.  Not a bad focus (except, of course, when it backfires on 4th and 24).  We'll see if it works on Friday.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Maybe..they look at it more as field position and eating up the clock so you can win.  I hate that I like scoring every drive..its what Frost does and we will see what happens when both coaches face each other.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Please don't pretend like we just called off the dogs vs. Houston. They had our number, defensively. But, if CCS had an iota of balls he'd have gotten us up by 7, not 3 and the 4th and 24 wouldn't have been a crippling blow.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, NCBull said:

That's the focus...do what is needed to win.  Not a bad focus (except, of course, when it backfires on 4th and 24).  We'll see if it works on Friday.

It's not that it backfired on 4th and 24, it's that it allowed us to be in a position where a 4th and 24 would allow the other team to win. You just shouldn't be there with the talent we have.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

On 11/17/2017 at 2:39 PM, Apis Bull said:

The offensive numbers tell a different story though.  Just because it doesn't look as pretty, doesn't mean it's not effective.

2016 - 44 points per game, 285 rushing yards per game, 226 passing yards per game, 26.49 time of possession, 44% 3rd down efficiency.  

2017 - 38 points per game, 280 rushing yards per game, 217 passing yards per game, 31.03 time of possession, 43% 3rd down efficiency.

Yep, on paper it looks awfully close.  But the eye test though.