• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,697
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, The Great 8 said:

That's a separate debate.

The takeaway here is this years offense has "similar" effectiveness to last years, against a much lesser level of competition.

If you'd like to debate the merits of whether that's because of Gilbert/CCS arriving or Mack/Adams departing that's a worthwhile discussion. But, let's align on the above first. Agreed?

I was one that didn't think there would be that big of a drop. Still not sure what to think. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Here's a hypothetical.  Just for grins and giggles.

Let's say we get our asses handed to us by the Tinmen and finish the season 9-2 and get an invite to the BBMB in St. Pete and beat an FIU or FAU or someone else like that and finish the season 10-2.  Will be our second best year in school history.  How will Bulls nation feel?

For me, I'll feel like this season has been a big disappointment and this was a huge wasted opportunity with this schedule and this senior class and CCS should bear a lot of the responsibility.

When looking at a season, there's more to it than the record.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Let's say we get our asses handed to us by the Tinmen and finish the season 9-2 and get an invite to the BBMB in St. Pete and beat an FIU or FAU or someone else like that and finish the season 10-2.  Will be our second best year in school history.  How will Bulls nation feel?

For me, I'll feel like this season has been a big disappointment and this was a huge wasted opportunity with this schedule and this senior class and CCS should bear a lot of the responsibility.

It will be a disappointment in the same way that every season we've been in a conference without a conference championship has been ... Doesn't matter how we didn't get it done, we didn't get it done. Bright spots during the year but still coming up empty.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

13 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

How about if we had beaten Houston and were now 10-0 just like UCF.

Let's say  that UCF beats us pretty badly and we are 10-1.

Would we going to a different bowl than had we been 9-2?

We would still have the THIRD Best record in the conference and third best overall.

Shouldn't that count for a better bowl invite in either case?

So, let's say we play a P5 team in our bowl game, just like last year, and win.

In THAT case, I would be much happier than beating a G5 team.

That is what UCF is also facing should they lose to USF.

UCF is the team with the target on their back at the moment.

They will be the betting favorite and are EXPECTED to win at home.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

If this keeps up, USF will be looking for a way to fire CCS with cause.  :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715
  • Days Won:  0

There are currently 9 teams in FBS (1A) with zero or one loss. I know, I know... strength of schedule, just beat UCF, Houston is a team "with a pulse", and USF does not execute. {yawn} 

College football is funny. I mean, where else does winning = losing? 🙄

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, James Gaddis said:

There are currently 9 teams in FBS (1A) with zero or one loss. I know, I know... strength of schedule, just beat UCF, Houston is a team "with a pulse", and USF does not execute. {yawn} 

College football is funny. I mean, where else does winning = losing? 🙄

Houston lost to Tulane. Enough said!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

if we lose, and especially lose handily, its a huge disappointment.    

I am thinking most fans are feeling this way because know that coming off the most successful season ever with so many returning starters, an easy schedule and a senior laden team this is our best chance to accomplish what we have been wanting for a long time. 

The biggest problem I see and maybe the concern here is we have seen this movie before, going into next year, we have no excitement to look forward to. We are back to the same boring offense (even if effective it is boring), no stars to build the hype about (one may emerge, but who are you excited to see next year) and maybe a middle of the road AAC team. 

With the team we returned this year really was all or nothing. 

If we end up at 10-2 and unranked the year is no different than a 6-6 year. 

If we stuggled to sell tickets this year, Harlan is going to have a lot of fun next year with  nothing to hype or  market.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

25 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I am thinking most fans are feeling this way because know that coming off the most successful season ever with so many returning starters, an easy schedule and a senior laden team this is our best chance to accomplish what we have been wanting for a long time. 

The biggest problem I see and maybe the concern here is we have seen this movie before, going into next year, we have no excitement to look forward to. We are back to the same boring offense (even if effective it is boring), no stars to build the hype about (one may emerge, but who are you excited to see next year) and maybe a middle of the road AAC team. 

If we stuggled to sell tickets this year, Harlan is going to have a lot of fun next year with  nothing to hype or  market.  

These are fair points, but it's all "if" we lose, while really assuming we will.  How about considering that while we haven't faced a team like C all year, the opposite is true.  How about how we historically match up with them?  How about looking at common opponents (really, we stack up ok in this metric also)?  How about it's a rivalry game and our guys will be jacked for it?  And how about we're the mother ******* USF Bulls and our goal of a conference championship is in our control and we're going to bludgeon the knightcrawlers to death?!?!?

:04-rock:

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Agreed.