• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Where is the enthusiasm and why is attendance so poor!?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You won’t get any more than 30k for USF games unless they get into a P5 conference or have a P5 team come to town.

Yes, the diehards will always be there but this town isn’t going to support - in large numbers - a second class program (compared to FSU end UF) in a second class conference.

This is the new normal after the demise of the Big East.

Yet we keep discussing it despite the obvious realities.

We will have more posts about poor attendance than we will people in seats until we are in a big conference.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

When USF was in a major football conference, our game attendance was much greater, regardless of our W/L record.

Now that we are in a minor football conference, our game attendance is much less, despite having a better record.

We are basically back to what our attendance was when we were in C-USA.

For the fans of AAC schools that never made the leap to a major conference, I presume, they have not had as significant a drop in attendance and enthusiasm.

FWIW, I visited a USF tailgate at the homecoming game where they had the LSU game on TV. I asked if they could change it to the NAVY v Memphis game which was important to our conference. They seemed perplexed that I would even make such a suggestion. Instead, they put on the Miami game.  So, even though they are their  to root on USF, they really have no respect for our conference. With that kind of attitude, is it any wonder that even die hard USF fans are less enthusiastic than they were in the Big East?

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

I have sat in the 3rd row of the student section for every game so far this season and I thoroughly enjoy the experience I get being so close to people who are as diehard of fans as I am. However, I can't help but wish I was a student back in the Big East era as those student sections, especially the one against WVU in 2007 looked amazing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

I am more shocked that after 20 mostly very good seasons of football, our fan base has not grown. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I have to laugh about all the attendance complaints on the board. I have attended all home games except 1 since the first game. I have listened to the complaints about the quality of our opponents and even those who complained about the bowl games when playing games against  some of our current conference mates.  A fan is a fan regardless of the opponent. 

the schedule this year has been the pits but it is what it is!  May a lot of losing years for FSU and UF will help increase fan base but when students wear other universities gear, what do you expect.  they graduate and go the the gators and noles games.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

The Bucs play on Sunday in the same stadium. We are competing against an NFL team in their house on back to back days.

We need an OCS. We need to become a unique game day experience that isn’t competing with the Bucs. 

I will keep ringing the OCS bell until we get one.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

Usf has the worst College fans I have ever experienced as far as lack of enthusiasm. Stadium experience was better at the citadel games and the mercer game that I went to this year...That was d2 football.

Are you a fellow Maconite? Been up here 3 years feels like 30 yet never watched a bears game but I do admire what the city and University is doing together Making Macon black and orange. Shoot even GC&SU in Milly is making a presence known there too

But back on topic yes what was said before I feel attendance is just a cultural shift across the board and not just USF. It's just exaggerated here for reasons stated before ( fair weather...conf... Legacy..etc) yes money is one of the largest factors as economy nor consumer mindset has never truly been same since the 2008 crisis. And the largest factor I feel is the exponential developmemt in digital technology. I still recall the total amazement of my first ever HD Football game was the Tx TTech game where raiders won and stormed field. It was freshman year at USF I just moved to the city and was really first time having HDTV (it wasn't even 1080p infact they was just having those commercials)  I mean I felt like I had better view than front row seats  I was on the field I felt and less than 10 years later I get even better quality on my phone plus my living room looks like Mission Control with multiple TV's broadcasting different games multiple laptop/tablets streaming goaline (a must especially if limited on additional screens and this is a minimum beyond bulls game) live stats, bullspen/redditCFB/Twitter etc.

Long story short this is hardest competition for live events. A better "experience" is in thier own living room 

Digital age is even affecting my career too. I work in the mining industry and our products are additives in 85-90% of every thing manufactured. But we are affected by digital age as one of our larger consumers is the paper industry which PDFs and ebooks and electronic signatures are slowly killing it like greening to citrus. So I'll leave you with my shameless PSA ;P ... Kids textbooks are superior to ebooks (personally better for book notes not just trying to sell paper) adults hard archives can't be hacked like servers & clouds can and corporate folks....wet signatures are irrefutable.