• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Where is the enthusiasm and why is attendance so poor!?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

we are in 112 and were very loud.  we are there every game and stay till the end.I have no voice today.  couldn't stand in the very end, I had a sleeping child on my lap.

Awesome! You were one of the few. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,934
  • Days Won:  38

It's all good.  I've been in the same place as you at times.  I'm just saying at least those people bought tickets.  We need everything we can get at this point.

I think factor in constant rain and a very crappy game for the first half.  The team looked more depressed than the crowd going into the tunnel with a lead in the first half.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21

Just now, Rocky Style said:

It's all good.  I've been in the same place as you at times.  I'm just saying at least those people bought tickets.  We need everything we can get at this point.

I think factor in constant rain and a very crappy game for the first half.  The team looked more depressed than the crowd going into the tunnel with a lead in the first half.

Fair point. I'm thinking to myself would I rather have people there or not and it's definitely the former. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Have to laugh at this one....not attacking here but that was the most pumped up the crowd has been all year.  I am thinking if you had been to other games you really would have been disappointed.  I was a little disappointed in the student section.  They have been pretty strong most of the year but yesterday it was a little thin....loud but to many empty seats.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930

I was shocked about the turnout, not super hot, not super early or late, we're ranked.  After the game though, I get why people might not show up to this.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I was in 121, first game we made this year and the 2nd time weve been alone since baby. We stayed thru all the rain til the bitter end.

I was glad it was a good crowd. The students definitely flaked, but we just have a fickle culture and the region has questionable fanbases no matter the sport (minus hockey somehow).

The music was overbearing between Every. ****. Play. Whats up w that?

The rain kept most in the club and under the roof but it was still loud when it needed to be. I never expect much anymore, the lean years surely did us in but the trend of falling short may be getting to others and hindering any regrowth of new diehards esp among the younger alums.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

It's been discussed ad infinitum.

Major league city with lots of other entertainment options than a G5 team that plays boring ball against obscure opponents. A massive demographic shift causing attendance at all live sporting events to decline, this is particularly true of the younger demographic, the students. Other "local" teams that have a brand and history. An athletic department that can't market through these challenges.

Our attendance is good G5 attendance.

The big problem is our conference. This isn't Ruston, LA where LA Tech is the only game in town so they'll show up to fill that stadium every other week against CUSA opponents.

I'm a Bulls fan and I objectively state that they have not been a fun watch for me this year.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Usf has the worst College fans I have ever experienced as far as lack of enthusiasm. Stadium experience was better at the citadel games and the mercer game that I went to this year...That was d2 football.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe the fans follow the lead of the coach and his low enthusiasm.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  142

I've sat through basketball back in the 2000 with BB and Altron and have been attending football games since they started.. the biggest issue I see is the Bulls pick the absolute worst times to lose games.. they generate a huge crowd and lay an egg.

That mixed with with what 3 Thursday games and 1 Friday game isn't when you'll get new fans... you get new fans on weekends, and if you come to see winner and walk out with a rough loss you're not really all that encouraged to return.  We had no chance to add on to fans this season with those weeknight games and while it doesn't excuse turnout last night, it didn't help it.    The lineup we play against also is far from interesting for even regular football fans.

Edited by stonedonkey