• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Where is the enthusiasm and why is attendance so poor!?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

Frankly, it's inexcusable - especially from the students. They still have the shuttle service from Marshall Center so travelling should not be an excuse. Is there just no longer a football culture on campus?

Additionally - I am really disappointed in the alumni who did attend. Now, they made the trip and that's half the battle but wow was my section lackadaisical. There was absolutely no enthusiasm whatsoever. It was my first game in awhile as I just moved back to Florida but I was shocked at how quiet my fellow fans were. I felt out of place at first because I was one of the few cheering and cheering LOUDLY. At halftime when the team headed toward the lockers I was the only one around me cheering them on - it was truly shocking. 

Toward the end of the game my section became louder and I think that's a result of 1) people coming from other sections who weren't originally there and 2) my enthusiasm finally rubbing off.

You play to win because you play for yourself and your teammates but it's understandable that you may play with less passion given the measly crowd there supporting you. 

I'm so sorry, Bulls. We have failed you and it's shameful and inexcusable. 

I was in section 112. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Terence said:

Frankly, it's inexcusable - especially from the students. They still have the shuttle service from Marshall Center so travelling should not be an excuse. Is there just no longer a football culture on campus?

Additionally - I am really disappointed in the alumni who did attend. Now, they made the trip and that's half the battle but wow was my section lackadaisical. There was absolutely no enthusiasm whatsoever. It was my first game in awhile as I just moved back to Florida but I was shocked at how quiet my fellow fans were. I felt out of place at first because I was one of the few cheering and cheering LOUDLY. At halftime when the team headed toward the lockers I was the only one around me cheering them on - it was truly shocking. 

Toward the end of the game my section became louder and I think that's a result of 1) people coming from other sections who weren't originally there and 2) my enthusiasm finally rubbing off.

You play to win because you play for yourself and your teammates but it's understandable that you may play with less passion given the measly crowd there supporting you. 

I was in section 112. 

I wonder what this loss will do to our attendance going forward. Not much room for error with the casuals in the Bay Area it seems.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Terence said:

I was in section 112. 

Well said.  Fellow 112er here.  I was yelling and banging my seat trying to make noise.

We are who we are...

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Well said.  Fellow 112er here.  I was yelling and banging my seat trying to make noise.

We are who we are...

Represent! I know cheering audaciously is not for everyone but some level of cheer is required. There was a woman next to me who must have been in her sixties and she was louder than people half of her age...

12 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I wonder what this loss will do to our attendance going forward. Not much room for error with the casuals in the Bay Area it seems.

You know, i'm not sure. It's possible the people showing up are the die hard fans and we have lost the casuals. If that's the case I would not expect much of a drop. But you never know. Reality says numbers hit all time lows. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Me and the family go to one game a year, and I for one, can barely talk this morning. The stadium got decently loud on the last Houston possession on 3rd and 4th down. I have no complaints about those who showed up. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,934
  • Days Won:  38

Tired of fans complaining about other fans.  Ironically, I am now doing the same thing.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

We are who we are...

we are in 112 and were very loud.  we are there every game and stay till the end.I have no voice today.  couldn't stand in the very end, I had a sleeping child on my lap.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Tired of fans complaining about other fans.  Ironically, I am now doing the same thing.

That is ironic. I think it's fair game, however. There is obviously an issue with attendance and while I'm not questioning my loyalty to a program over my neighbor it is disheartening to see such a lack of passion from the stands. Sports are entertainment - be entertained. 

15 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Me and the family go to one game a year, and I for one, can barely talk this morning. The stadium got decently loud on the last Houston possession on 3rd and 4th down. I have no complaints about those who showed up. 

Great! I should have prefaced that not all alumni or students lack passion - but a good portion in my section did.