• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Open It Up Sterlin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, PingBull said:

Regardless of how we do it, passing or running, we need to destroy Houston.  50+ points offense, win by 30 min.

There is a good chance you're disappointed on Saturday.  They have one of the most dominant interior defensive lineman in the country and he has the ability to alter games by himself.  I'll be happy with a win.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

10 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

We are heading to game 8. We have seen all of the plays that will be called. 

Do you have anything to base this opinion on or is completely unfounded conjecture? Do we have a completely hidden playbook that we have been practicing in secret? No, but I guarantee you we have 5-10 plays we just haven't had to use yet and may never use all season. Its all dictated by the game situation and defensive looks. And even if we didn't pretty much every offense in the country installs at least 1 new play a week as part of game planning for that week's opponent. 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, BrownBullsFan said:

There is a good chance you're disappointed on Saturday.  They have one of the most dominant interior defensive lineman in the country and he has the ability to alter games by himself.  I'll be happy with a win.

I disagree, not on their DL, but that I'll be disappointed.  We have the speed to take it outside, would be nice to see the adjustment from SG.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

I am going to try and build on the economics lesson from  another thread to get through to you about how "opening up an offense" works. 

Right now we have a huge overabundance of points & yards at a very low price (playcalling) because the demand (opponent toughness) is not there. If we see a shift in the demand curve (we play a tougher team) then we will raise the price to get the same quantity of wins. Until then it makes no economic or football sense to play harder or call more advanced plays.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, BucsandBulls said:

I am going to try and build on the economics lesson from  another thread to get through to you about how "opening up an offense" works. 

Right now we have a huge overabundance of points & yards at a very low price (playcalling) because the demand (opponent toughness) is not there. If we see a shift in the demand curve (we play a tougher team) then we will raise the price to get the same quantity of wins. Until then it makes no economic or football sense to play harder or call more advanced plays.

LOL. Your Modified Econ Lessonreminds me of the Modified Laffer Curve

663px-Neo-Laffer-Curve.svg_.png

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

14 hours ago, JTrue said:

I've been to darkest corners of the web. Trust me, there's nothing new out there.

That only tells me you saw my PG 13 videos..

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We're going to need a more robust offensive game plan on Saturday. Ed Oliver will be a big issue for the inside run game 

6 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

That was mind blowing lol

6 hours ago, PingBull said:

I disagree, not on their DL, but that I'll be disappointed.  We have the speed to take it outside, would be nice to see the adjustment from SG.

Mostly was referring to the winning by a minimum of 30.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

After 7 games, we are what we are.  A power run team that takes some deep shots down the field so as to loosen up the run game.  CCS believes a strong running game and a stout defense wins games and that is true, however, there will come a time when a team limits your run game and you must have the ability to throw the ball consistently.  So far we have beaten up and run on a bunch of weaker teams and the passing game has been hit and miss.  This is the first true test we have.  Runs up the middle will be very difficult with Mr. Oliver in the middle.

Houston has as much talent as we have so we won't be able to out athlete them like we've done to everyone else.  This game will come down to coaching.  Can our coaches put players in the best situation to succeed?  I picked us to win a close one, but would not be a bit supersprised if it went the other way.

I hope there's a great crowd Saturday.  Go Bulls!