• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Random thought about black friday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Should I get a new TV?

Seriously though... I see that ESPN's highly accurate FPI gives us less than a 25% chance to win that game. I was curious about what both teams would be dealing with leading into the game. We have a bye week before a Thursday game with Tulsa on 11/16, then, 8 days until the war on I-4. UCF doesn't have any breaks for the rest of the season (aside from this week against Austin Peay). They also play at Temple on 11/18, so, they will travel home and prep to play us on a somewhat shortened week.

Not sure if that means anything, sometimes playing 1 game in like 18 days leading up to that one could make a team rusty, but, we should be pretty well rested and hangry going into that one I hope. Just thought it was interesting... along with the FPI chance of winning that one.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Add to the bulletin material that I see us being ranked below ucf in the college playoff series rankings too.  I do think the schedule plays out in our favor.   I just wish they announce a time (8pm!) for this game sooner rather than later.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

28 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Should I get a new TV?

Seriously though... I see that ESPN's highly accurate FPI gives us less than a 25% chance to win that game. I was curious about what both teams would be dealing with leading into the game. We have a bye week before a Thursday game with Tulsa on 11/16, then, 8 days until the war on I-4. UCF doesn't have any breaks for the rest of the season (aside from this week against Austin Peay). They also play at Temple on 11/18, so, they will travel home and prep to play us on a somewhat shortened week.

Not sure if that means anything, sometimes playing 1 game in like 18 days leading up to that one could make a team rusty, but, we should be pretty well rested and hangry going into that one I hope. Just thought it was interesting... along with the FPI chance of winning that one.

You're in Winter Garden; you should be at the game. :GoBulls:

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Should I get a new TV?

I was curious how the FPI is calculated and Interestingly enough, they have a data point for "days of rest"

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/122612/an-inside-look-at-college-fpi

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Its a long way to go till UCF. If we played them this week I would give the edge to UCF but luckily we dont.

Feels like they are peaking right now while we've 'struggled' through all our games. 4 weeks in football is an eternity! 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Get a new tv and go to the game. But don't leave the tv in your vehicle at the game. We know what will happen to it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Up to this point in the season, USF has been THE AAC team with a target on its back.

UCF has clearly been the overachiever in the conference.

So, IMO, it would be good to have them favored over USF at home.

Let them be the one hunted for a change, where they are expected to win.

That puts more of the pressure on them.

The thing we really have going in our favor is senior team leadership and that should not be discounted.

This game will certainly be the sternest test for both teams.

There is no guaranty who will win.

IMO, USF will play well and that is really all that we can expect.

If UCF ends up winning, they will have earned it on the field.

Of course, I still predict USF will win. LOL

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

If you need a new TV, I got a TCL Smart tv on Amazon for a pretty good price. $150 for a 32 in smart tv. it's been 2 years and even fell on the floor (thanks to my over zealous 3 year old)  and it still works like brand new. But if you live close to Orlando and can afford to go, then go to the game my friend and wear your green and gold goggles!!! :)

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

We have to battle Houston and Uconn first. These games are toss ups.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, Gismo said:

We have to battle Houston and Uconn first. These games are toss ups.

Toss ups? Not quite pal.