• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tony Dungy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I guess I don't consider CCS a realistic candidate for Florida.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

If Frost is about the money, then sure.  I look a Dungy's comment as Frost may be there a bit and money is not the primary motivator.  I remember when ucf hired him and it appeared at the time that Frost had his choice of several jobs but wanted ucf.  Shurgs.

That's the way I read it, also ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That would kill two birds with one stone. UCF has to find a new coach and we keep Strong. 

Thank you.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

If Frost is about the money, then sure.  I look a Dungy's comment as Frost may be there a bit and money is not the primary motivator.  I remember when ucf hired him and it appeared at the time that Frost had his choice of several jobs but wanted ucf.  Shurgs.

Yep. Tom Osborne supported Frost for U Nebraska, they declined to hire him. Osborne explained this when he visited the UCF football team, and spoke to Booters. He commented, that for Scott, they ship sailed, and is long gone.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Yep. Tom Osborne supported Frost for U Nebraska, they declined to hire him. Osborne explained this when he visited the UCF football team, and spoke to Booters. He commented, that for Scott, they ship sailed, and is long gone.  

You are naïve to think that is the end of it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Interesting, but attitudes change. Frost has since demonstrated he can be a head coach, not just a coordinator. As for ruffled feathers, sometimes $$$ can help smooth things over. We'll see. 

In any case, there will be many open HC positions in the SEC, even if he doesn't want to go to Nebraska. Besides possibly Florida, Tennessee comes to mind.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are naïve to think that is the end of it.

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Glad to see that you guys have it ALL figured out!!!

Is this his last job, no. Is he likely to go to somewhere else than Bugaha Nebraska? That would be my guess.

I would bet, he will see his first recruiting class graduate, then he leaves

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

Were any of those HC jobs at a P5 school? If so, were they offering him more money than he received at UCF?

Frost is a young coach and just reaching his prime.

If he is looking at some point to become a P5 HC at Nebraska or some other traditional football power, he needs to strike when the iron is hot, just like Taggart.

Those kinds of opportunities don't come around all that often.

Since some people seem to be in the mood to make predictions today, I'll do one of my own:

IF UCF is undefeated and wins the AAC championship, he won't be coaching them in their bowl game. He will be off to some P5 school.

I could be wrong.

However, I don't think there are many coaches like Jim Leavitt who will turn down a really big time offer.

USF was JL's "baby" and it is relatively easy to understand why he turned down BAMA!

Frost was offered the Colorado State, Syracuse, and possibly the Maryland job. Turned them all down for 0-12 UCF when that coaching carousel had a record number of openings.The Maryland offer wasn't confirmed but his parents let it slip in an interview they did for a Nebraska newspaper that he was in the mix there. There were also reports that Frost told some of his former teammates and coaches that he was eyeing the UCF opening for years. Todd McShay said today that he thinks Frost should stay at UCF vs going to Nebraska. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry UCF bud, still won’t stop it. As much as it hurts both our teams, we’re in the same boat until we get into a better conference.