• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Tony Dungy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,678
  • Days Won:  14

30 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I doubt that an extra $1.5 million from UCF will prevent Nebraska or any major football school from hiring him away. That is peanuts for them.

This was my immediate reaction as well. What's odd is that Dungy seems to think it matters.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

11 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

This was my immediate reaction as well. What's odd is that Dungy seems to think it matters.

That was probably BIG money back in his day. LOL

• Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

Its only a matter of time until he's offered the Nebraska job. Ucif can raise the money to help pay their next coach. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828

If Frost is about the money, then sure.  I look a Dungy's comment as Frost may be there a bit and money is not the primary motivator.  I remember when ucf hired him and it appeared at the time that Frost had his choice of several jobs but wanted ucf.  Shurgs.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I dont think Dungy has any ties to UCF in earnest so not sure why he would have an opinion.  Nebraska can afford him if they want him.  End of Story.

13 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

If Frost is about the money, then sure.  I look a Dungy's comment as Frost may be there a bit and money is not the primary motivator.  I remember when ucf hired him and it appeared at the time that Frost had his choice of several jobs but wanted ucf.  Shurgs.

Were any of those HC jobs at a P5 school? If so, were they offering him more money than he received at UCF?

Frost is a young coach and just reaching his prime.

If he is looking at some point to become a P5 HC at Nebraska or some other traditional football power, he needs to strike when the iron is hot, just like Taggart.

Those kinds of opportunities don't come around all that often.

Since some people seem to be in the mood to make predictions today, I'll do one of my own:

IF UCF is undefeated and wins the AAC championship, he won't be coaching them in their bowl game. He will be off to some P5 school.

I could be wrong.

However, I don't think there are many coaches like Jim Leavitt who will turn down a really big time offer.

USF was JL's "baby" and it is relatively easy to understand why he turned down BAMA!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828

3 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Were any of those HC jobs at a P5 school? If so, were they offering him more money than he received at UCF?

Frost is a young coach and just reaching his prime.

If he is looking at some point to become a P5 HC at Nebraska or some other traditional football power, he needs to strike when the iron is hot, just like Taggart.

Those kinds of opportunities don't come around all that often.

Since some people seem to be in the mood to make predictions today, I'll do one of my own:

IF UCF is undefeated and wins the AAC championship, he won't be coaching them in their bowl game. He will be off to some P5 school.

I could be wrong.

However, I don't think there are many coaches like Jim Leavitt who will turn down a really big time offer.

USF was JL's "baby" and it is relatively easy to understand why he turned down BAMA!

My selfish fear is that Frost ends up at Florida.  I would rather he head back to the Pacific.  

9 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

My selfish fear is that Frost ends up at Florida.  I would rather he head back to the Pacific.  

Why would you care if he goes to UF or a PAC school?

I presume that is because we may one day play @UF. If so, I wouldn't worry too much about that possibility. I will be happy to  cross that bridge, if that ever happens.

So long as he leaves UCF now, that's fine by me.

I doubt that they will find a new HC who could make as seamless a transition as we made.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Content Count:  3,678
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Being that I have two degrees from Florida and consider it to be second in my heart to USF, I would be delighted with that outcome because it would (1) hurt C., (2) help Florida, and (3) deprive CCS of a tempting landing spot.

I know Frost is a Nebraska alum but I dare say he might pick Florida if offered both gigs...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Being that I have two degrees from Florida and consider it to be second in my heart to USF, I would be delighted with that outcome because it would (1) hurt C., (2) help Florida, and (3) deprive CCS of a tempting landing spot.

I know Frost is a Nebraska alum but I dare say he might pick Florida if offered both gigs...

That would kill two birds with one stone. UCF has to find a new coach and we keep Strong.