• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ranking 13 Remaining Undefeated

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194

UCFs best game remaining is Navy? I guess that could be said.  Just win out baby

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

4. UCF Knights (4-0)

Toughest game remaining: at Navy Midshipmen (Oct. 21) 

Why they could win them all: There has been more attention given to Charlie Strong and South Florida Bulls , but after four games, I feel confident naming the Knights, not the Bulls, as the favorites to win the American Athletic Conference. The division will be decided when UCF and USF play in the regular-season finale on Nov. 24, and if both teams are still undefeated I give the Knights the edge.   

Why they could lose: The Navy game could end up being a shootout. It’s way too volatile of a contest to feel confident on either side, but even if the Knights lose on the road in Week 8, they’ll still have a chance to clinch the division against USF and potentially get a rematch in the AAC title game. 

5. South Florida Bulls (5-0)

Toughest game remaining: at UCF (Nov. 24)

Why they could win them all: Outside of the rivalry game against UCF, the Bulls are going to be favorites — likely by at least a touchdown — in every game left on their schedule. The offensive firepower with Quinton Flowers under center is too much for many teams to match, and as long as they avoid an upset loss ( Tulane Green Wave on the road on Oct. 21 looks tricky), the regular-season finale will be the toughest and final test. 

Why they could lose: It’s worth considering that, during this 5-0 start against lesser competition, USF hasn’t gotten a chance to play its best football in a tight game. What happens when this run of 20-30 point wins comes to a halt and USF finds itself in a close game? 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We just need to keep winning

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

If we keep winning none of this matters!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45

It is certainly easier on the nerves to win big every week but I would agree that it might not hurt for us to have to fight for a win in a close game before we play in Orlando.  No doubt our team can do it but would rather them not have to prove it for the first time against UCF.  I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.  Keep winning Bulls! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, cdub3511 said:

It is certainly easier on the nerves to win big every week but I would agree that it might not hurt for us to have to fight for a win in a close game before we play in Orlando.  No doubt our team can do it but would rather them not have to prove it for the first time against UCF.  I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.  Keep winning Bulls! 

San Jose State and Stony Brook were games that they had to show some resilience.  I'll be happy going up by 21 in the 1st quarter and coasting in upcoming games until we get to UCF.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

They sure seem to love them some UCF knob.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Flowers will make this year awesome. Grothe torched the gnats. Flowers will do the same.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

49 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

San Jose State and Stony Brook were games that they had to show some resilience.  I'll be happy going up by 21 in the 1st quarter and coasting in upcoming games until we get to UCF.  

Exactly, those were heart games, and these guys showed plenty. I love when the media loves all over UCF, it just makes our guys mad, and I would love to see some old-fashioned clobbering of those knights.

• Like 1