• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Suggestions to reach 40,000 for homecoming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, cdub3511 said:

I mentioned in a different thread that I heard 3 USF football commercials on FM radio (102.5) in a one hour time period a few weeks back.  I think it was the day after the Temple game.  Unfortunately, while the commercial itself wasn't bad, it ended by encouraging people to buy tickets for the Illinois game which had already been played.  It's possible the radio station just played the wrong commercial but it didn't have the impact that we were looking for from a ticket purchase standpoint.  Don't think I've heard another commercial since then. 

Oh nice! Yeah I listen to 102.5 and haven't heard any yet but I don't see why it hasn't been attempted more often. Although it looks like they tried as you said, but I guess they didn't get the results they expected (probably because the wrong game was advertised) and stopped buying commercials. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Prayer?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, BrownBullsFan said:

Home blackout on ESPNU might the most effective way to spur some of our lazy fans that are currently watching on TV locally to get to the game.  We can't really make it happen, but I think it's the most effective way.

I remember when the Bucs were close to a sellout, and some local company would buy out the remaining seats so it could be televised locally. Doubt if that happens much anymore

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

I remember when the Bucs were close to a sellout, and some local company would buy out the remaining seats so it could be televised locally. Doubt if that happens much anymore

That occurred on a regular basis during the late 1980s. I had completely forgot about that. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, charsibb said:

Yeah, the NFL has relaxed their blackout rules considerably, I think it's 85% capacity releases the home restriction.  I can't claim to know all the attendance answers, I'm an out of state alum that makes it 2-3 games a year, but one that makes the most sense is to directly target fans that are watching the games on TV locally. 

These are the fans that are coming up with the dumbest possible reasons not to go to games including weather and 'inconvenient' start times.  The majority of them would be students and alums (not your casual fan) that can get into the stadium spending $20 or less on many occasions.  These are also Bulls fans that to a lesser degree aren't associated with the weak scheduling complaint because they are watching these games at home.

You probably get some that just change the channel to the next game in HD, but then again you probably get some that are forced to come because they really wanted to see our game.  Either way, local blackouts won't really hurt the USF attendance issue at this point imo.  I understand how it can go against you in the professional realm, because people sometimes stop showing up out of principle, but you're looking to force the hand of people that already care about USF first, just making every excuse not to get to a home game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

Nice half page ad in TBT today that we did not take advantage of.  It basically says the date and time and then "Wake The Bull Inside, Tickets Start at $25, Homecoming".  No mention of all the $15 tickets, we're the hometown team, ranked #18 in the country, etc.  GRRRRRR again.

Yes, old guys like me still read the paper.  If you're going to spend the money, make an impact and persuade people on the fence to go to the game.  GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Nice half page ad in TBT today that we did not take advantage of.  It basically says the date and time and then "Wake The Bull Inside, Tickets Start at $25, Homecoming".  No mention of all the $15 tickets, we're the hometown team, ranked #18 in the country, etc.  GRRRRRR again.

Yes, old guys like me still read the paper.  If you're going to spend the money, make an impact and persuade people on the fence to go to the game.  GO BULLS!

The ad was probably submitted before the $15 dollar tickets were available. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Cheap food + beer nights and free parking. New ticket purchasers these next 3 games will be paying more to PARK THEIR CARS in the Ray J lots than ATTEND THE ACTUAL GAME. That is absolutely ridiculous. 

But alas we don't have control over food or parking until we ditch Ray J, and we need to ditch it fast. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, BrownBullsFan said:

Home blackout on ESPNU might the most effective way to spur some of our lazy fans that are currently watching on TV locally to get to the game.  We can't really make it happen, but I think it's the most effective way.

Blackouts actually work the opposite. You kill the fanbase this way.  The better idea is to have different ideas to reach different target markets. $1 beers for the youngins and Fireworks for the familes.  More stuff to do with before the game. Get an alumni address list and  Go door to door (Just Kidding). But thats what I feel like doing.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Hem said:

Cheap food + beer nights and free parking. New ticket purchasers these next 3 games will be paying more to PARK THEIR CARS in the Ray J lots than ATTEND THE ACTUAL GAME. That is absolutely ridiculous. 

But alas we don't have control over food or parking until we ditch Ray J, and we need to ditch it fast. 

You're not paying for an ocs with cheap food + beer and free parking ....