• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

schadenfreude

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

"Hey, man, I brought you in here to help the defense. What the hell was that? 37 points? Are you #kidding me#? #Dosomething#"

#24 Oregon vs. Arizona State

ASU 37, ORE 35

:popcorn:

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

LOL.  Amazing how Taggart can turn any good defensive coach into a bad one.  Maybe Woodie wasn't the problem.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

LOL.  Amazing how Taggart can turn any good defensive coach into a bad one.  Maybe Woodie wasn't the problem.

This a problem with the quick strike offenses.  Your defense doesn't get much rest.

21 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

This a problem with the quick strike offenses.  Your defense doesn't get much rest.

So we are currently running a hurry up offense and are not having this issue.  Is it because our offense has yet to get fully untracked at least as far as scoring?  Or are we running things a bit differently?

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

So we are currently running a hurry up offense and are not having this issue.  Is it because our offense has yet to get fully untracked at least as far as scoring?  Or are we running things a bit differently?

It seems a little different.  Ours is more controlled.  While we get to the line quickly, it doesn't seem that we snap it as quickly.

8 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It seems a little different.  Ours is more controlled.  While we get to the line quickly, it doesn't seem that we snap it as quickly.

I've been trying to figure it out myself, which is why I ask.  We did that last year under Taggart as well.  I'm thinking the big difference is that our defense is more aggressive and thus forces more three and outs.  Last year we let teams slowly wear down our defense by controlling the ball on us.  This year it seems like we might get beat downfield on defense at times, but we aren't going to let someone run the ball and slowly beat us down to exhaustion.  It will be interesting to see what happens as the quality of the opposition starts to increase.

10 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I've been trying to figure it out myself, which is why I ask.  We did that last year under Taggart as well.  I'm thinking the big difference is that our defense is more aggressive and thus forces more three and outs.  Last year we let teams slowly wear down our defense by controlling the ball on us.  This year it seems like we might get beat downfield on defense at times, but we aren't going to let someone run the ball and slowly beat us down to exhaustion.  It will be interesting to see what happens as the quality of the opposition starts to increase.

It's likely a combination of both.  We are a lot more aggressive on defense.