• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Will Be Undefeated Coming Into Our Game If Healthy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This might be the most physical game on television today (UCF and Maryland). Both teams are flying to the ball and flat out laying wood on defense. Don't be surprised to see them ranked sooner than later. Maryland is so much better today than they were two years ago when they beat us down before our turnaround. Durkin has Maryland going in the right direction... however this UCF team looks good - like they could play with their one team that had Blake Bortles. Maybe the AAC is actually more top heavy than I initially thought... they are going to destroy Memphis. I like our chances, but the UCF D is straight vicious. We need to learn how to catch the ball on offense or we're going to be chasing our tails in Orlando later this season. Oh... Scott Frost will be at Nebraska by the end of the season. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, The Sheriff said:

This might be the most physical game on television today (UCF and Maryland). Both teams are flying to the ball and flat out laying wood on defense. Don't be surprised to see them ranked sooner than later. Maryland is so much better today than they were two years ago when they beat us down before our turnaround. Durkin has Maryland going in the right direction... however this UCF team looks good - like they could play with their one team that had Blake Bortles. Maybe the AAC is actually more top heavy than I initially thought... they are going to destroy Memphis. I like our chances, but the UCF D is straight vicious. We need to learn how to catch the ball on offense or we're going to be chasing our tails in Orlando later this season. Oh... Scott Frost will be at Nebraska by the end of the season. Go Bulls!

UCF worried me before the season even started due to their improvement last season and coach.

Not liking what I see today.

They are a clear and present danger.

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

UCF worried me before the season even started due to their improvement last season and coach.

Not liking what I see today.

They are a clear and present danger.

They are literally punishing Maryland every time they touch the rock on offense. They're fast, aggressive and nasty. It's like watching a Jim Leavitt defense honestly. Our defense looked good the other night - but this defense today looks just as good.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Very good observation. Frost will not be at UCF long.  He's got a massive upside.  This team is very strong and my hope is that we are both undefeated going into our game.  We need them to be very good because we will be a package deal for a conference move.  They are tough for sure.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Let's see how they look against Memphis before we start to make any judgment on ucf. They've looked good for the first 2 but i'd rather see them go against the red hot memphis offense and see how they do against an offense similar to ours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Maryland is on their 3rd string QB.

They are not a good team

Edited by Dogma
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

will be shocked if both USF & UCF are not undefeated by the time the War on I4 happens. To me, USF & UCF are the top two teams in the state 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dogma said:

Maryland is on their 3rd string QB.

They are not a good team

If you saw the hits that essentially forced Maryland to rely on the 3rd string QB, you'll see where I'm coming from with my statement. If I were Charlie, I would get our two backup QB's more playing time than the garbage minutes he's been giving Kean. It's not enough... especially if Q takes a big hit.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I have seen offensive and defensive pass interference penalties from UCF.  Milton will throw a pick each game at least.  They arent that far behind us though and they are probably still rusty.  I feel good as long as Flowers is healthy.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Maryland's offense looks pretty bad today - third string guy seems like he doesn't even know the routes his WR's are running. Can't really judge their defense based on that. Also, if our defense keeps playing with the same intensity I don't think they really get much going on offense. Maryland's defense has bottled them up pretty successfully given that the defense has been on the field for most of the first half.