• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Ticket prices

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

I had suggested before the season started that we need to lower ticket prices for Season Tix's and that they cost here more per ticket than UCF, GT, or UM. Many of you thought there was no problem. Does our lack of attendance change anyones opinion?

Honestly there is no reason we are not promoting and offering $10 tickets at the ticket window on game day. The fact that the cheapest tickets are $27 for a team that is lucky to draw 20k in a 65k seat stadium is ridiculous.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I had suggested before the season started that we need to lower ticket prices for Season Tix's and that they cost here more per ticket than UCF, GT, or UM. Many of you thought there was no problem. Does our lack of attendance change anyones opinion?

Honestly there is no reason we are not promoting and offering $10 tickets at the ticket window on game day. The fact that the cheapest tickets are $27 for a team that is lucky to draw 20k in a 65k seat stadium is ridiculous.

Without a doubt we should be offering $10 tickets (on the east side) or even a family pack of 4 tickets with an unlimited soda for $40. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

And the economics were explained to you back then.

If you offer $10 tickets on game day, less people will buy season tickets.  Also, using your numbers, for every dollar you reduce the ticket price, you'd have to sell 20, 000 more tickets to make up the revenue.  If we received parking and/or concessions, the numbers would change, but not significantly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

This year we had no marquee games so we should have lowered the season ticket prices down. Next year we don't have one either as I don't think Georgia tech is someone that will get people to show up. At this stage the only 2 that could draw big crowds are FSU and UF which we will not get UF to come to ray jay but we could get FSU s they have came to ray jay twice so they might agree to another home and home series. Miami already has said they will never schedule us again to we can eliminate them. Alabama would never come here and the only one that could draw a crowd would be Clemson however it would be a longshot 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Less money, but more people. More money, less people. We know what side USF athletics is on.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Is there any price at which they could sell season tickets that you would buy them?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

And the economics were explained to you back then.

If you offer $10 tickets on game day, less people will buy season tickets.  Also, using your numbers, for every dollar you reduce the ticket price, you'd have to sell 20, 000 more tickets to make up the revenue.  If we received parking and/or concessions, the numbers would change, but not significantly.

You could offer $10 tickets in locations that season ticket members wouldn't want to sit in. I know I'd rather pay more to have my seats then some of the crappy ones on the east side. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

You can get season tix for $19/game if I recall correctly. Stop the whining about season tix price. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Less money, but more people. More money, less people. We know what side USF athletics is on.

And with our lame concession deal with RJS, what is the point of bringing in more fans basically for free?? OCS would solve this issue too. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

You could offer $10 tickets in locations that season ticket members wouldn't want to sit in. I know I'd rather pay more to have my seats then some of the crappy ones on the east side. 

I see what you're saying but you'd have to look at the revenue lost by the people that already sit over there vs. the extra attendance.