• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Victim of Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Optics my friend.

We may have scored a lot more points, but we looked bad doing it. It so happens the other teams were worse. So far.

We are not a domination machine. So far. Here's to hoping we get there against the Purple Peepees. They have an axe to grind, so should we

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Not sure which games you have been watching. After first quarter we completely dominated SJSU for last 3 quarters till 2nd and 3rd team were in. How was Illinois and Temple not domination?  

Still room for improvement, yes, but we have been taking care of business. 

We must not be watching the same games because the SJSU game I saw we lost the first quarter, dominated the second quarter and just won by a little bit the 3rd and 4th quarters.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

As I said, people get too caught up on every play. When you hold any opponent to -4 yards rushing, less than 85 total yards and defense pitches a shutout and the offense puts up 43 points that is total domination. 

When you put up 680 yards and 47 points against a Big Ten team and hold them to 67 yards rushing with 45 coming on one run and only 1 score coming against #1 D, thats domination. 

100%

Anyone who can't accept that we dominated at least our last two is exactly what I was talking about in my original post.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I was telling the Mrs tonight... as down as I am about our offense so far, going into the season, I was fully planning to enjoy QF and what this season is, because, he is so special and carried the team the last 2 years. I felt like it was now or never, and there was going to be a big drop off after he graduated. Well, as depressing as the offense is, the results really give me hope that the program is in a good place and we're not just riding one special player to a few seasons before fading back into mediocrity. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I was telling the Mrs tonight... as down as I am about our offense so far, going into the season, I was fully planning to enjoy QF and what this season is, because, he is so special and carried the team the last 2 years. I felt like it was now or never, and there was going to be a big drop off after he graduated. Well, as depressing as the offense is, the results really give me hope that the program is in a good place and we're not just riding one special player to a few seasons before fading back into mediocrity. 

and don't forget we are in the middle of an incredible recruiting time. CCS has us around 35 nationally.