• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Victim of Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

We have too many drops, special teams gaffes and penalties, no doubt. But if you look at the final scores and stats (aside from maybe Stony Brook) we have handily dominated every team.

We are expecting perfection, as is the media who covers us. So any hiccups at all are under a microscope.  A 43-7 win in which we outgained an opponent by well over 300 yards in a conference game is absolutely domination. Just because the negative Nellys in the media will make excuses (cough, Matt Baker) to demean us, we should feel very good about our Bulls now and moving forward this year. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Spot on !

These past two games have put me on a FootBULL High !

#BeatECU

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I agree we havent played a complete game and these games score wise arent close.  If we play a complete game it will be a total destruction of some team.

4 and 0 and ranked... I enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

No Grumbling after Victories !

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the offensive miscues and vanilla play calling have people concerned that we will get exposed when playing tougher competition. We really haven't played anyone who was much of a threat yet. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

That's a fair enough point.

However, if people on this board were asked BEFORE we played Temple how they would would feel if we beat them 43-7, I'm sure that the vast majority would have been ecstatic.

So, reading many of the comments on this board after the game is somewhat disappointing.

Of course, we can always improve, but let's give the team its due for a DOMINATING VICTORY.

I agree hundred percent with your point. Also, people need to realize this is a different team. It is predicated on running and strong defense. Let's see how this goes since we've never won a conference championship before with the old method.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We came into the year thinking we were going to see lite coast version of the gulf coast offense; but no we know we are watching the no coast offense and are saddened by that. All we are asking for is a more aggressive offense, especially at the beginning of the game.