• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Can we complain about Booger and Joey?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We're far too busy complaining about not winning the way we want to win, to complain about the announcers.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I can't recall a worse announcing team, ever.

On the plus side, they inspired me to try and figure out how to sync up Jim Louk's radio crew with the broadcast for all games into the future.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I've learned over my years on this board that many on here want a DPK news media slant towards USF when watching the games.

As far as Galloway's shirt. Wife and Inwere convinced his zipper must have broke

was thinking Joey G. was packing heat and heading to Ybor after the game to work on his two step. he also needs to wear high heals when he's standing next to taller dudes, he makes Charlie Strong look like the Jolly Green Giant

1 hour ago, FatDaddyBull said:

The teacher thing was guaranteed offensive to some people. Lack of brain function from Booger is pretty normal though. 

The only thing that drove me insane was the good 5 (at least) minutes where the game was just a visual as they talked about other games. Blowout or not the play by play guy should mention the action on the field between their idiotic takes on other games.  

How Booger is paid to do his job has been stunning to me since his horrible radio show. He's an uninformed windbag with a fake personality and stupid nickname.

Wasn't Booger hired by ESPiN from the SEC Network? He is actually getting paid more than he was before!

2 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

Going into the 4th quarter on the replay, I think that you are way overblown  in your critique. These are two friends who played pro ball in Tampa who are commenting on a blowout at a stadium 5/6 empty and saying things that are truthful. SDSU beat Stanford and AZ. QF. doesn’t read the full field. It’s hard to get into rhythm as a WR with a Mobile QB because you look back and can’t find him, optics aren’t good for USF due to first half sluggish offense and weak schedule, etc..

hard to find rhythm running 25% of your plays up the middle behind a poor offensive line. Q must lead the country in dropped balls, at least two or three a game are perfect strikes, whoever is recruiting and coaching these WRs should be embarrassed, CCS needs to make a change there

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  14

19 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I can't recall a worse announcing team, ever.

On the plus side, they inspired me to try and figure out how to sync up Jim Louk's radio crew with the broadcast for all games into the future.

+1

ESPN is brutal. Fat Booger is about as bad as bad gets. Local media guys giving him props on Twitter undermines their credibility.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Those commentators were throwing so much unnecessary insults at us, not to mention generally unprofessional.

A few instances from memory that we're most asinine:

1. Repeatedly calling QF a "poor man's Lamar Jackson",
  2. Poking fun at the "4000 fans" in attendance,
  3. Joking that "we won't have any problems with traffic" after the game,
  4. Saying SDSU is a better G5 NY6 team because we have too many penalties - THEY ARE IN THE BOTTOM 10 IN PENALTIES
  5. Suggesting them rooting for Temple after the forced fumble is unprofessional, but proceeded to do it anyway,
  6. Talking about New Orleans food for 10 minutes, for God knows what reason,
  7. Talking about two-stepping repeatedly,
  8. Joey wearing an untucked shirt in a broadcast booth on national TV,

Of course, Booger wins it all when he decided to talk about his hot teacher in 8th grade getting him interested in math because she wore short skirts. And how she's now his kids godmother... While on the subject about teachers not getting enough respect.

Bonus: ESPN deciding it was relevant to show Rutgers storming the field on us in 2007 instead of anything remotely positive from our past.

Frankly, it was kind of amusing, but only because they were such a trainwreck. They deserve to be fired, IMO.

Booger was 'Hot For Teacher' , one of the weirdest things I've ever heard an announcer say. Sounded like he forgot where he was and thought he was talking to his homies after a few brews and a big doobie.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I'm surprised ESPN's producers didn't make Joey Galloway put on some pants....it was strange him just wearing a shirt and tie on TV.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

These are two friends who played pro ball in Tampa 

I think Joey sort of made it clear near the end of the game that he's not too big a fan of Booger.  

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  508

Joey had his shirt tucked in his jeans initially with a sport coat. ESPN must have a dress code for announcers on TV not wearing jeans so he had to un-tuck his shirt.