• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, cougar king said:

Pardon the pun but y'all make a lot of bullcrap excuses. There's absolutely no reason why a ranked team should have a crowd this bad.

GAME INFO

South Florida Bulls @ Houston Cougars: Oct 31, 2013

Attendance: 22707

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

Just got home from the game. Really, I'll tell ya what an embarrassment is: the Athletic Director who does not stand up to the conference.Screw the local season ticket holding fan, sell out to the devil for televised inventory and play half our home games on non Saturday. Bet atleast one of our two remaining Saturday games will be the ever popular noon kick off. Continue to cater to the televised  audience and loyal ticket holders like us will join/become that audience.  

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, Wooden Bull said:

Just got home from the game. Really, I'll tell ya what an embarrassment is: the Athletic Director who does not stand up to the conference.Screw the local season ticket holding fan, sell out to the devil for televised inventory and play half our home games on non Saturday. Bet atleast one of our two remaining Saturday games will be the ever popular noon kick off. Continue to cater to the televised  audience and loyal ticket holders like us will join/become that audience.  

It doesn't make financial sense to schedule games to accommodate crowd size. There's no way we'd be able to make up the revenue from the t.v. money by just increasing ticket sales. 

Does USF even take a cut of concessions or parking at RJS? 

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

Has nobody brought up the fact that this was a Thursday game, and only die hards knew it was today? I started tailgating at 1pm, like we always do, and had a good turnout. But it's not about us,  nobody wants to go to a weekday game.

Choose between a national recognition or normal Saturday attendence. You can't have both at this level.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Never liked Bugger and Galloway was overrated. 

They are two village idiots. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

9 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

WE had better crowds in the I-AA days 

The games weren’t on tv were they?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Re: 

4 hours ago, USoFlo said:

Has nobody brought up the fact that this was a Thursday game, and only die hards knew it was today? I started tailgating at 1pm, like we always do, and had a good turnout. But it's not about us,  nobody wants to go to a weekday game.

Choose between a national recognition or normal Saturday attendence. You can't have both at this level.

Everyone has.

There is no choice. It's in the television contract that pays us money. They say we play a Thursday, we play Thursday.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111

5 hours ago, Leviathan said:

GAME INFO

South Florida Bulls @ Houston Cougars: Oct 31, 2013

Attendance: 22707

1. We weren't ranked 

2. We played in 3 different stadiums that year while our new OCS was being built. (USF should look into that.)

3. That 22k on a Thursday Halloween night was an actual 22k unlike what we saw on tv last night.

4.I guarantee our game this upcoming Saturday is gonna have a good crowd that you'll be jealous of.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

People said winning (when we were losing) would fix it. We started winning. 

They said get a high powered offense and we did that and nobody shows up. 

I get the opponent theory but there are teams outside of the P5 who draw way better than we do. So why? It's so frustrating. 

The students for the most part have shown up this year. As they would in an OCS. However, the same 15k of us would drive to USF for he game that drive to Ray Jay. 

I get CSH killed us but there HAS to be a way to bring back the buzz and with it the crowd. We have a fun team. I get part of the message board experience is ranting and complaining but by word of mouth we need to help create the buzz. 

You can be mad at our play all you want but when you are ranked and win on national TV 43-7 - you should be out there bragging on this team like crazy. Next home game is 3 weeks away. Let's get people there. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

At this point they should just give 5k of tickets away to specific groups each game (teachers, fire fighters, police, nurses, etc). That **** tonight was friggin bad and sad at the same time. 

This and put them in the tv section of stadium.