• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulletin Board Material

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/20/2017 at 10:20 AM, JTrue said:

I get it the idea of it, but I don't believe in it. Yes, in the context of the game, I think that you can feed on that emotion, the crowd, etc. and get a team to play over their head. I played college baseball, I know what it was like to look around and see and hear the crowd, etc. and feed off of that. But I don't subscribe to the bulletin board theory. Too abstract and detached from the moment. Yeah, it can be a fun thing to read on the wall when you're walking around in the locker room or the weight room. It can get the guys riled up a little bit for a few minutes. It can be something the coach brings up at the end of practice or before the game, but in the moment of the game, not so much.

It definitely helps during the not so exciting practices to get that extra little push. Extra push in practice = better play on the field

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

32 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Charley, it's YOUR JOB to score,

HIS JOB is to win. Our NY6 hopes, if everything else falls in line, won't rely on a bunch of clueless AP voters or interns in AD offices voting in the Coaches poll. It will rely on a committee .... and they might not hold to your fanatical views when it comes to running up the score.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Everyone reads too much into this... when at UL, Strong won some big games going away from bad competition. He is a humble and respectful person, so, he's not going to do interviews where he says "yep, if we get the chance, I'd really like to embarrass the other team and coach by hanging triple digits on them." I don't know how everyone wants him to answer the question. Let's see if we actually build a big lead and if he ACTUALLY throttles it back before we get so upset about this issue. If we have that big of a lead, I suspect that either "I wanted to get the backups some meaningful reps", or, "we wtook the air out of the ball to keep the clock moving, but, I can't tell a kid to take a knee when he has an opening" will be his appropriate response to "running it up"

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

On 9/20/2017 at 0:51 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

. I also don't agree with baseball being a more cerebral game. It doesn't have drawn out plays or the same amount of X's and O's you simply hit a ball, catch a ball and run to the bases. 

Yeah..... All you have to do is hit the baseball. That's all.  hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

HIS JOB is to win. Our NY6 hopes, if everything else falls in line, won't rely on a bunch of clueless AP voters or interns in AD offices voting in the Coaches poll. It will rely on a committee .... and they might not hold to your fanatical views when it comes to running up the score.

BAM! 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Winning by a big score isn't necessarily running up the score. Running up the score is throwing 30 yards downfield up by 40 with 5 mins left. Just running the offense with the 2nd string is not. 

Just padding numbers is meaningless. I would rather see the defense pitch the shutout.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Surprised to hear this. Dude seemed pretty good, despite looking like a cross between John Riggins and Richard Simmons.

Their fans seem pretty surprised and pissed about it to. But new offensive scheme leaves him off the field for the most part.