• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Observations from first three games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

1. Is Deadrin Senat a bad luck charm?  When he goes out we play better.  First qtr San Jose, Whole Stony Brook game and then First qtr Illinois.

2.  I counted maybe one time the tight end lined up below the tackle and for most the Iliinois game the TE was spread out. I hope TE acting like a fullback dies.

3. The kicking protection seemed to improve after 1st qtr in Illinois game. See Deadrin Senat curse above.

4.  Deangelo Antoine  is a secret weapon slowly gaining confidence. Wonder why he is not on kick offs because Tice looks slow.

5.  Freshmen DTs Pinkey and KEgler are impressive.  I also like the Brown and Black Tandem as DEs. The Crayola Crew. 

6. All Illionois touchdowns had a common denominator: Danny Thomas.   Even Bayes looked really out of place. LB depth is really thin. Is Keirston Johnson ready to step up? We may need him to early.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

7. We lack breakaway speed at the RB position. Tice and DJ are great, but certainly a step slower then Mack.

8. Also, dare I say, QF looks a step slower as well, chalk it up to rust, but something to watch. 

9. Receivers need to do a better job, far to many drops so far this year.

10. Defense much better as a whole, still room for improvement in many areas. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

11.  OL performed much better with Ruff back at center

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

12. Drummers Drumming = HOT rules!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Is it me or does DJ look smaller?  Is he wearing smaller pads or something?  He just looks different for some reason to me.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

Regarding Qs speed… What I notice is that as he starts to run down field, there are defenders everywhere. Vs last year with the golf coast offense and how the receivers were more spread apart and we're down Field last year? I don't know, it just seems like Q has no room to run. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343

15 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Is it me or does DJ look smaller?  Is he wearing smaller pads or something?  He just looks different for some reason to me.

noticed the same. I would guess shoulder pads.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, PingBull said:

Regarding Qs speed… What I notice is that as he starts to run down field, there are defenders everywhere. Vs last year with the golf coast offense and how the receivers were more spread apart and we're down Field last year? I don't know, it just seems like Q has no room to run. 

Yeah that must mean when he runs he will have open receivers if he can hit them I guess..and doesnt cross line of scrimmage.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, PingBull said:

Although, it was better against Illinois, I think the downfield blocking, overall, was better last year than this. Hopefully it keeps improving and gives Q more room ...

• Upvote 1