• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

37 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I still think Houston could have made it on their schedule last year if they had run the table.  Yeah, that's one of those things that we'll never know, but it will always be my belief.  With the right schedule, I think a G5 could probably make it.  Does it suck that it's not the same for P5 schools, in that they can lose 1-2 games and still play for a title?  Yeah, it does.  It's not fair, but life isn't always fair either.  

I don't like the idea of a G5 playoff, it goes against everything we're trying to do with the P6 movement, and basically concedes and ends all discussion.  I'm with TallyBull, keep it going because it irritates the P5 schools.  

I'm even more against the idea of a G5 playoff because McAssClown is for one.  Anything he's for regarding realignment or playoffs, USF fans and G5 fans should be against.  

As much as it horribly pains me, I agree ...................... not with you, but with the BM.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here's a radical idea (one that will never, ever happen).  Have each P5 conference set up a G5 conference under them and then have relegation promotion like soccer does.  Have an SECb, ACCb, PAC12b, etc..

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As much as it horribly pains me, I agree ...................... not with you, but with the BM.

Explain?  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I seriously doubt that a G5 team ever makes the playoffs in the current setup. But does this mean we should be relegated to a lower status (lower than we are now)? What would be the impact on alumni donations? Who would schedule us out of the P5? Would fan interest drop even lower (is that possible?)? The sad part of this article is that 1/3 of the P5 do not deserve the classification as they have about as much chance of making the playoffs as we do. I am holding out hope that the playoffs expand to increase our odds. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

30 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Here's a radical idea (one that will never, ever happen).  Have each P5 conference set up a G5 conference under them and then have relegation promotion like soccer does.  Have an SECb, ACCb, PAC12b, etc..

We should be under the SEC. The patriotism crowd will love the idea of partnering with the American conference. 

Why do I feel like, that if the SEC, BigTen, or the PAC12 ever got left out of the playoffs, it would expand the very next season?

6 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

We should be under the SEC. The patriotism crowd will love the idea of partnering with the American conference. 

I'd be cool with that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Why do I feel like, that if the SEC, BigTen, or the PAC12 ever got left out of the playoffs, it would expand the very next season?

Pac12 was left out in 2015.  

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Pac12 was left out in 2015.  

Forgot about that.  I added them because I thought they hadn't.  I still think if the SEC or BigTen got left out, it would expand.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Right now, every division of college football has a national championship: Power 5, FCS, Division II, Division III, NAIA and junior college. “Every division,” Frazier said, “except the Group of 5.”

The NCAA does not have any officially designated divisions known as 'Power 5' and 'Group of 5'! The AAC is in the FBS division. Until the NCAA creates a separate, lower-tier division this is a stupid idea that would only solidify the farce that is the "Power" 5.