• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

If we are not part of the elite in 10 years, I will be shocked. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

33 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

If we are not part of the elite in 10 years, I will be shocked. 

I'm somewhat surprised that the P5 conferences have not booted out deadwood football schools to make room for potentially more attractive teams, such as USF.

I don't know all the facts surrounding the Big East dumping Temple, but something like that probably needs to happen for USF to break into the P5.

A conference needs to calculate the long term benefits involved in doing such a thing. If it makes sense dollarwise, I can see it happening.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I'm somewhat surprised that the P5 conferences have not booted out deadwood football schools to make room for potentially more attractive teams, such as USF.

I don't know all the facts surrounding the Big East dumping Temple, but something like that probably needs to happen for USF to break into the P5.

A conference needs to calculate the long term benefits involved in doing such a thing. If it makes sense dollarwise, I can see it happening.

At the risk of getting SANJAY's dander up again, I'm thinking the lawyers would never allow what happened to Temple happen again ... especially with the longer tenured P5 potential bootees.

Edited by Triple B

Just now, Triple B said:

At the risk of getting Sanjay's dander up again, I'm thinking the lawyers would never allow what happened to Temple happen again ...

All conferences have provisions for booting out members. It's just a matter of getting the necessary votes and paying them off the required amount.

It's difficult to do because it takes a large majority of members and some won't vote to boot a school because they could be next one to have the axe drop on them.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Very sad...very sad...we could have added another two pages to the expansion thread instead we wasted all this quality. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Very sad...very sad...we could have added another two pages to the expansion thread instead we wasted all this quality. 

Perhaps, the mods can transfer this thread to that one, if they choose. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It can easily be merged if that's the consensus .... and the op agrees.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

58 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I remember hearing that Temple wasn't meeting the required minimum attendance to remain in the league.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That's fine...I always enjoy a good expansion discussion