• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#12 #14 and #18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

On 9/17/2017 at 0:25 PM, Apis Bull said:

Baker uses penalties as the reason.  When both teams get a ton of penalties, maybe you should look at the officiating crew.

No doubt about it.  That was one flag-happy crew.  

Sometimes refs let guys play through the really minor stuff that doesn't have an effect on the game.  Then you have crews like our Friday night one that are probably auditioning for another conference to work for.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What exactly does a top 25 team look like?

Top 14 Rush defense, top 17 in defensive pass efficiency, top 13 total offense, 2nd in the country in interceptions.  Fullwood is 9th in the country in punt returns.  One of 29 teams averaging 40 points per game.  20 straight games over 30 points. 3-0 yet not rated as a top 25 team because they were penalized 16 times after almost a 2 week layoff caused by a hurricane and only 3 days of practice.  

I get that our schedule is weak, but we can only play who is on our schedule. 

We finished the year last year at #19. During the telecast Mack Brown made a point to say he broadcast the team several times last year and in his opinion they are just as good or better than last year. I will go with the guy's opinion that coached a national championship team. 

Coaches poll has us at 17. My guess is they know more about football than just a writer.