• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Illinois Attendance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

So, schools like ECU are beating us in attendance because...

.... there's a football culture there that's been around for a long time, beginning 80 years ago. Their fans are too stupid to realize that college football is all about the P5 and face time on ESPN. They take their college football team just for what it is, their college football team and just enjoy it for what it is ... fools.

8 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

They never were AQ and we're collectively butt hurt that we're not anymore

That is definitely part of it ...... but part of it is also what BB said about the culture, or lack of, of athletics at USF, that goes back beyond the 2007 years. Could be the whole commuter school thing that we're still trying to shed ... I don't know.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

29 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

There are current UCF Students that will pick a Saturday Orlando City game over UCF. There are also a lot of fans that heard for  4+ years  that Conference Realignment was inevitable and yet the Program sits here on the outside looking in. I'm assuming that is the case at USF as well especially with the small taste of it during the BE days. 

Being only familiar with the fans on this board, I've been curious as to whether other fan bases were making a big deal about this. Wonder if Cincy and UConn boards, and other AAC teams have this same confliction ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

We were getting 30-40k a game pretty easily in the Big East days. Now, I would say that 19-25k fans a game is our top end for attendance and most of those are the diehards. I believe that we lost around 10-20  thousand fans a week due to conference realignment. The schedule just isn't there and the casual fan goes for the big time games and big time moments and won't support a team for the heck of it against meaningless teams. We won't get anywhere near 30-40k Bulls fans in the seats again until we get a better conference or load up on marquee opponents and play in big time games.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Thursday will be a very sad showing. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, KB said:

Thursday will be a very sad showing. 

Silent until now but it's going to be awful and we'll take a huge hit from how the east side looks on tv.  Watch the Illinois replay and change all of the orange shirts to empty red seats.  This is gonna be a BIG ouch.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

We seem to be in line with our conference mates to the East.  It appears they get a stronger student showing, but alumni/other fan base seems similar.  Our student base would increase on campus.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,323
  • Days Won:  43

I'm thinking the Temple game will be about 30k announced 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

The wait is over, JK is back ladies and gentlemen: 

I wouldn't mind JK reporting the actual attendance numbers for USF, IF all the other schools did the same -- which they DO NOT!

JK should recognize that since other schools don't report actual attendance numbers, he should at least acknowledge that fact when reporting. Otherwise, it makes for an unfair comparison to other schools, especially those in our conference.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,323
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Mama_Bull said:

I wouldn't mind JK reporting the actual attendance numbers for USF, IF all the other schools did the same -- which they DO NOT!

JK should recognize that since other schools don't report actual attendance numbers, he should at least acknowledge that fact when reporting. Otherwise, it makes for an unfair comparison to other schools, especially those in our conference.

OCS will solve this issue. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

OCS will solve this issue. 

True. It certainly did for UCF. LOL