• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

We look this 'Ugly" every game. 

47 points

680 yards of offense

Three (3) one hundred yard rushers 

98 official plays to 55 for Illini. TOP of 38 vs 22

Three takeaways 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Besides Joey Knight, who even in a compliment can't help himself, did anyone else call tonight an ugly win?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I haven't seen anyone. 

Still room for improvement, but come on, that was a totally dominating performance. At this was on 3 days of practice. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Besides Joey Knight, who even in a compliment can't help himself, did anyone else call tonight an ugly win?

Asides for a lot of BS penalties which a lot may be chalked up by the officiating crew, I am happy with that win. The win againt Stony Brook would be my definition of an ugly win to be honest. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yeah... This is just the OP having an argument with himself. Last night was only ugly if you're an Illinois fan.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  1

I HOPE....

*  Everyone realizes that we were playing on only 3 days practice out of the last 7 days at least (because of time off for Hurricane Irma).

*  Everyone realizes that were were playing many of our 2nd and 3rd string players by the 3rd quarter.

*  Everyone gives the players some slack because many of their families and friends probably still didn't have power or water, and that definitely weighs on a Young Adult's mind let alone a grown man.

*  The Bulls can dominate every team we play on Defense.  I am a bulliever that DEFENSE wins championships.  With a great Defense, it lets the offense relax, settle down, and play their game.  When you have talent at the key positions on Offense, you will make more plays when you are relaxed and playing your game then when you are rushed, nervous, trying to force things, and make poor decisions.

Those are my "I HOPE" wishes.

Edited by Bullumni
Grammar
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

There were a lot of dumb mental errors last night that are easily corrected but when we executed everything worked on offense. The defense played fast and physical and looked like the Leavitt days. Other than special teams we were dominant and only we stopped ourselves. 

We're  going to have to clean up the penalties and special teams because good teams will make us pay for that stuff. Looking dominant while still having that much to clean up is a fantastic place to be. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bullumni said:

I HOPE....

*  Everyone realizes that we were playing on only 3 days practice out of the last 7 days at least (because of time off for Hurricane Irma).

*  Everyone realizes that were were playing many of our 2nd and 3rd string players by the 3rd quarter.

*  Everyone gives the players some slack because many of their families and friends probably still didn't have power or water and that definitely weighs on a Young Adult's mind let alone a grown man.

*  The Bulls can dominate every team we play on Defense.  I am a bulliever that DEFENSE wins championships.  With a great Defense, it lets the offense relax, settle down, and play their game.  When you have talent at the key positions on Offense, you will make more plays when you are relaxed and playing your game then when you are rushed, nervous, trying to force things, and make poor decisions.

Those are my "I HOPE" wishes.

This.

Now time to turn attention towards Temple. Didn't see the Temple/UMASS game last night but I'm pretty sure Temple is a lot better that the 29-21 score so I hope USF brings their A game  in a short week. Funny I call it a short week as this should be nothing compared to this past week with all the craziness going on.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

This.

Now time to turn attention towards Temple. Didn't see the Temple/UMASS game last night but I'm pretty sure Temple is a lot better that the 29-21 score so I hope USF brings their A game  in a short week. Funny I call it a short week as this should be nothing compared to this past week with all the craziness going on.

No they are not. They were fortunate to beat Nova. Temple is about to get rolled. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No they are not. They were fortunate to beat Nova. Temple is about to get rolled. 

Hope you are right. This game coming up is huge. USF will not take their rivals in the east lightly. I'm happy if USF wins by one point as long as they win. Can't afford any east division conference losses.