• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guarantee if we had an OCS fans would NOT leave early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Our fans leave when it's a blowout? And that's bad? Can we ban attendance threads?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I do know that the rain delay seemed to help the satdium get fuller by kickoff time....we left our seats in 4th quarter because some extremely drunk people were allowed to come down in our section because the ushers never check seats just saying

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I was watching Duke Baylor today in a close game in the 3rd quarter, and fans were leaving the stadium (which was already half empty).  Turn on almost any mid-tier game and this happens, OCS or no.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, TheBullies said:

Our fans leave when it's a blowout? And that's bad? Can we ban attendance threads?

You have no idea how much I endorse this suggestion ....

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, Triple B said:

You have no idea how much I endorse this suggestion ....

Don't think we ever can until we get out of RJS as they report actuals 

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

It would have been nice for the same percentage of USF stay to the end as did the Illinois fans.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Our fans suck. With some exceptions it will always be like this until we get into a P5 conference. 

I think you mean it sucks that our team doesn't have a larger fan base.  We have real fans and then we have people who show up to games for a multiple of reasons other than watching USF football.    Hopefully some of these people will eventually become fans.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I think you mean it sucks that our team doesn't have a larger fan base.  We have real fans and then we have people who show up to games for a multiple of reasons other than watching USF football.    Hopefully some of these people will eventually become fans.   

Nope, we have fans, but many simply do not show for a variety of strange reasons and excuses. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

On 9/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, Bull Daly said:

Best part of an OCS is that TSA won't be able to give actual attendance numbers.

Sacrilege - what would Joey and Martin report on if there were no actual attendance numbers?

They might actually have to report on mundane things like how the offense rolled to almost 700 yards or the improvements in the defensive secondary :o

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, NCBull said:

I was watching Duke Baylor today in a close game in the 3rd quarter, and fans were leaving the stadium (which was already half empty).  Turn on almost any mid-tier game and this happens, OCS or no.

Attendance, real attendance, is the dirty little secret college sports, and sports in general is having. There is a demographic tsunami happening and they don't know how to fix it. Roger Goodell even went to Disney to talk to their people about how to make the stadium experience better because of the in person attendance issues.

For the record I am midly anti-OCS. I think wherever the money comes from it could do better work for the university in other areas as long as we have RJS to use. That said if someone wanted to buy us a stadium and couldn't be convinced to let the money be used elsewhere I'd be ok with it. I lean towards the conference issue being the problem not the stadium. I see no guarantees that our own stadium will magically get us into a P5. P5/G5 segregation is being firmly culturally and regulatorily enforced now. That's the way the P5 want it.

I've read a fair bit of the literature on the economic benefits of athletics to a community and though it is not clear cut the general analyses are mixed to negative.

In regards to RJS I could go on for days about the deal the Glazer's were given and how I think the city council of the time should be up against the wall. Had the deal been good for the city it would have been an even better venue for USF to use.

• Upvote 1