• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guarantee if we had an OCS fans would NOT leave early

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Had to downgrade this as I don't get your fight against an OCS. You need to bring a better argument to the pro OCS crowd. So far I have seen nothing and I'm calling you out cause you are a respectable poster on here. 

I'm not anti-OCS.  In fact, I've stated several times that I want on OCS.  The whole, "an OCS would increase attendance" argument is invalid and has been proven.  I've provided links to it before.  Also, I've been to games at OCS stadiums, where the student section clears out at half-time.  USCe is a prime example (I lived in Columbia, SC for 8 years).

I'll repeat it.  I am pro-OCS.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Our fans suck. With some exceptions it will always be like this until we get into a P5 conference. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Is this a joke?  No one is fighting against an OCS.  There are just some rational people on this board who don't believe an OCS will bring you attendance to football games like Santa Claus brings you Christmas presents.  How many times does this need to be discussed?  

Yes lol. Just having a little fun as I would not be able to prove if an OCS would keep people in the stands. Only thing I can say is that an OCS would look a lot better than old RJS lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not anti-OCS.  In fact, I've stated several times that I want on OCS.  The whole, "an OCS would increase attendance" argument is invalid and has been proven.  I've provided links to it before.  Also, I've been to games at OCS stadiums, where the student section clears out at half-time.  USCe is a prime example (I lived in Columbia, SC for 8 years).

I'll repeat it.  I am pro-OCS.

Had to upgrade you on this. Good points. Thanks and go Bullls!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Only thing I can say is that an OCS would look a lot better than old RJS lol. 

That I agree with.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

7 hours ago, JoeB said:

Lets be honest.  Our fans suck.  We have a zillion reasons to why or why not, but our fans never stay until the end.  I was there until the end and I'm probably about one in 500 maybe.  This is just one of the reasons why our fans suck, but you can't deny it.  Seriously, when is the last time our fans stayed for the entire game?  I can't even think of when that happened, and I go to all the games and stay to the end in 98% of the games.  I think the last time I left before the end was McNeese State and we know what happened there.

I know my family (6 of us) usually stay until the end for every game, but left early yesterday. We had just gotten power back at 3:30 while heading out the door for the game.

At most games I've been to lately (pro and college) fans show up late and leave early...it's not just our fans. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

10 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Had to upgrade you on this. Good points. Thanks and go Bullls!!

Leaving early isn't just a USF problem, it's in all levels of sports. If the game is a blowout, people leave. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

11 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Just sayin'

:stirpot:

Of course they would.  UCF has an OCS and lots of games the fans stay outside tailgating and never make it into the game.  Nice try, but totally wrong.

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Of course they would.  UCF has an OCS and lots of games the fans stay outside tailgating and never make it into the game.  Nice try, but totally wrong.

Would be nice to put in a Fergs close to the stadium like the Rays & Lightning have. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Would be nice to put in a Fergs close to the stadium like the Rays & Lightning have. 

Fergs is ok, but nothing special.  They do make it a nice place to just hang, but I wish they would upgrade the food choices a bit.