• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

16 minutes ago, Calibull said:

People keep saying that we're running the GCO and we are not.  This is the full version of the Briles Veer and Shoot. Taggart did not run one jet sweep or spread set until he went to Baylor.  If you look at the offense we're running, it's the exact same offense they ran at Texas last season.  It's not Taggarts.  They included some QB runs from Taggarts offense that Flowers likes to do... but the rest of the offense is the Briles Baylor offense.  We ran plays last game that Taggart didn't have in his play book.  I just think people read too much in them staying vanilla the first two games.  Oh... Re-watching the game... we ran at least 4 plays we haven't seen at all this season.  I can distinctly identify four... Also, if you look at the blocking along the Oline, they were doing something they didn't do the first two games... they were running a ton of traps.  They were also pulling the guards on the quick tosses... they didn't show that at all the first two games.  The were sliding using the TE to seal with no one pulling.  There appears to be two different variations of the jet sweep... looks the same with the motion, but on one play they seal with the onside guard on a quick pull... that was the one McCants almost broke.   The passing game was a bit more open, they worked the slot and outside.  This offense puts a ton of pressure on the safeties... 

I also don't think Taggart has ever called a game this consistent.  I now see what Strong meant when he said "he wanted them to be able to slow down when needed"....  We can play power football as well as run up and down the field.  The time of possession this season is a lot better than last seasons.  

Hey, if you think about it, there are some trick plays they showed in the spring game that they haven't run.  Two actually...

We agree pretty much here.  The other thing we need to remember is that we installed a new offense.  It takes some time to get "used" to a new offense and not having to think about each play to remember what you are supposed to do.  As such, I'm sure the coaching staff pared down the game plan so as not to overwhelm the players.  As much as we didn't want to show everything, we also probably wanted to slowly ramp up the offense as the season went along.  

We seemed to find a good rhythm in the second half, so I expect a bit more of the playbook to be added next week.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

25 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

We agree pretty much here.  The other thing we need to remember is that we installed a new offense.  It takes some time to get "used" to a new offense and not having to think about each play to remember what you are supposed to do.  As such, I'm sure the coaching staff pared down the game plan so as not to overwhelm the players.  As much as we didn't want to show everything, we also probably wanted to slowly ramp up the offense as the season went along.  

We seemed to find a good rhythm in the second half, so I expect a bit more of the playbook to be added next week.

Very true... I remember when the early hiccups with Taggart when he installed the GCO... we started off 1-3.  I think we've worked through that now and the guys are ready.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

People keep saying that we're running the GCO and we are not.  

Who is saying this?  I haven't read this yet.  Most on here have been astute enough to recognize that the days of GCO are over.  

12 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Who is saying this?  I haven't read this yet.  Most on here have been astute enough to recognize that the days of GCO are over.  

The first page of this thread literally has the first reference to it. I'm not going to call anyone specific out... but just a casual read through of the first few pages will answer your question.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

What are you talking about? We do pretty much the exact same thing EVERY play. Setup in a formation, see what look the defense gives us, then look over to the sideline for a playcall. 

Audibles.  I'm talking about the play getting changed at the line AFTER the original gets called in from the sidelines.  You can't look at the sidelines for the original play, line up, read the defense, look back to the sideline, change play and/or formation and snap the ball all in 8 seconds, but whatever...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

12 minutes ago, Calibull said:

The first page of this thread literally has the first reference to it. I'm not going to call anyone specific out... but just a casual read through of the first few pages will answer your question.

I think he was being sarcastic ....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I think he was being sarcastic ....

oops... that one went over me... my bad.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

Audibles.  I'm talking about the play getting changed at the line AFTER the original gets called in from the sidelines.  You can't look at the sidelines for the original play, line up, read the defense, look back to the sideline, change play and/or formation and snap the ball all in 8 seconds, but whatever...

There is no need to call an audible when you are calling the play after the defense has lined up. Which is the whole point of an audible.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

There is no need to call an audible when you are calling the play after the defense has lined up. Which is the whole point of an audible.

True but I saw a number of times on Friday when the D changed its alignment after USF called the play...of course it still did not help Illinois