• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

Gilbert looks like a genius when the O-line is dominating the line of scrimmage and we are gashing the D up the middle.  Almost 700 yards of offense and only 47 points?  Meh....I need to see more before I am sold.  

Also, don't love the fact there is very little ability to audible with this offense.  

You forgot 2 factor in 1 block field goal, 1 blocked extra point, 1 interception, 1 touchdown drop, and 1 or 2 interceptions, 150 yards of penalties and still got 700 yards and 47 pts. You gotta look at life as a glass half full my friend. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

Me thinks the Oline change was the real catalyst

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You forgot 2 factor in 1 block field goal, 1 blocked extra point, 1 interception, 1 touchdown drop, and 1 or 2 interceptions, 150 yards of penalties and still got 700 yards and 47 pts. You gotta look at life as a glass half full my friend. 

Dropped touchdowns, and passes, happen every game to every team. Can you please stop continually using this as a rebuttal to the offense not performing as expected for some?

Instead, why don't you create a thread the day we have zero dropped passes that should've been caught. I won't wait up.

• Downvote 1

Guest PCBull14
On 9/15/2017 at 10:36 PM, GaUSFBull said:

I just wanted to say ... I'm good with it.  We were definitely vanilla the first couple weeks, but I think we've seen the offense released from their cage.

No ******** from me about the offense this week.  

NO its till vanilla, which is fine. The difference is, they changed the plays to resembles more set ups from last season. They seemed to figured out a offense designed around speed in Florida is pretty **** easy to run. Now once they unleash the offense look out, this is the play caller before he came to Texas. 

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Dropped touchdowns, and passes, happen every game to every team. Can you please stop continually using this as a rebuttal to the offense not performing as expected for some?

Instead, why don't you create a thread the day we have zero dropped passes that should've been caught. I won't wait up.

Soooooo, take out the dropped passes from my last statement and we still scored 47 points and close to 700 yards of offense despite all of the OTHER self inflicted mistakes and almost record breaking amount of penalties I listed in my post. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Soooooo, take out the dropped passes from my last statement and we still scored 47 points and close to 700 yards of offense despite all of the OTHER self inflicted mistakes and almost record breaking amount of penalties I listed in my post. 

Give me 700 yds and 47 points every game, I'll take my chances at the CCG win.

I really don't care how it happens.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

700 yards, 47 points? 

Yes ma'am can I have another 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

Gilbert looks like a genius when the O-line is dominating the line of scrimmage and we are gashing the D up the middle.  Almost 700 yards of offense and only 47 points?  Meh....I need to see more before I am sold.  

Also, don't love the fact there is very little ability to audible with this offense.  

how quickly the bar is raised.  Regardless of yardage, I would hope we could all agree that 47 points is more than acceptable.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Me thinks the Oline change was the real catalyst

This was definitely a big factor but Gilbert called a completely different game on offense.   He attacked the edges far more than we did the first two games and we attacked vertically more as well.  We definitely mixed in a lot more misdirection and counter type run plays.  This caused the defense to have to defend the whole field instead of the just inside the tackle box and 12yds deep. The ends and backside backers also had to stay home because of the counter action and misdirection which slowed their flow to the play side.  

All of the above helps the O-line as well as it makes the defense play a bit slower and on their heels.  This wasn't the case our first two games as defenses could play faster and more down hill because there was less to honor backside and on the edges with the game plans we used......

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

On 9/16/2017 at 9:49 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree regarding the slowing of the clock. There is a correlation between this offense taking a little more time and the defense playing better this year. 

It definitely helps but the guys are tackling, especially in the open field.  They are stopping the runs up the middle on first down.

Really, the big complaint I have about the team is special teams.  I just don't think there is a good reason to be letting up all these blocked kicks.  Is it the long snapper?