• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I saw a lot of runs up the middle but the running lanes were wide enough for an F250. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Moving Ruff back to center and Atterbury at RG helped the OL a lot

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Astute JoeB.  Execution, aside from penalties, was much better.  QF was able to break contain and their DEs were very soft which allowed him to burn the edges.  Add in a few jet sweeps and the natives are happy.  Since we covered I guess we are now 1-2?   

We attacked the edges waaaaayyyy more than we did the first two games, and with more than jet sweeps. We also attempted far more down the field shots and had waaaaayyyy more runs with Q that were straight away QB runs. There was also a ton more misdirection in the run game and we mixed in a few screens. This was far more than just a fee jet sweeps and better execution. Re-watch the game.... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

We saw a little of this in the 2nd quarter vs San Jose but then it turned off for the rest of the games till last night. 

In a way I like this offense better than last years because we score but we run some clock while doing it we just dont play fast all the time but slow it down at times to eat some clock and give the defense a rest so they can make the changes they need.  We killed them in time of possession last night if we keep doing that we go undefeated this year.  No defense will be able to keep up with this offense if they are on the field so much for a game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We saw a little of this in the 2nd quarter vs San Jose but then it turned off for the rest of the games till last night. 

In a way I like this offense better than last years because we score but we run some clock while doing it we just dont play fast all the time but slow it down at times to eat some clock and give the defense a rest so they can make the changes they need.  We killed them in time of possession last night if we keep doing that we go undefeated this year.  No defense will be able to keep up with this offense if they are on the field so much for a game.

I agree regarding the slowing of the clock. There is a correlation between this offense taking a little more time and the defense playing better this year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

I saw a lot of runs up the middle but the running lanes were wide enough for an F250. 

Ed Oliver won't be so easy.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Moving Ruff back to center and Atterbury at RG helped the OL a lot

This.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Gilbert looks like a genius when the O-line is dominating the line of scrimmage and we are gashing the D up the middle.  Almost 700 yards of offense and only 47 points?  Meh....I need to see more before I am sold.  

Also, don't love the fact there is very little ability to audible with this offense.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

4 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

Gilbert looks like a genius when the O-line is dominating the line of scrimmage and we are gashing the D up the middle.  Almost 700 yards of offense and only 47 points?  Meh....I need to see more before I am sold.  

Also, don't love the fact there is very little ability to audible with this offense.  

Well, we did lose 150 yards just in penalties. If not for that, we'd have had 800 yards and more points.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

The audible comes from the sidelines.  We have not done an audible here in 15 years at least.