• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Playcalling was way better tonight. Just have to address the drops issue and the offense will be ok

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I loved the offense tonight. We let Q be Q and attacked all portions of the field. We could've easily scored 60 tonight if not for mental errors. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Definitely opened it up more tonight with the jet sweeps, but the execution was alot better and it showed.  We dominated the line of scrimmage for the most part and QF did what QF does and made some huge plays.  Hope we can build on this! 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

USF football was built on Florida athletes and Florida speed. This game showed that the current OC knows that. The last two games, no.

So, I'm glad we are back to playing USF football. Lots to fix and improve. But at least there's something to build around now (the offense and team we knew was all always there).

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Amazing how great playcalling is, when we execute the plays.  He mixed in a few new plays but for the most part these are the same plays from the first couple of games. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, JoeB said:

Amazing how great playcalling is, when we execute the plays.  He mixed in a few new plays but for the most part these are the same plays from the first couple of games. 

Agree With this.

For every drop tonight I saw a Wr make a good play either attacking the ball or making an adjustment. It takes everyone making plays from time to time. Thought Q missed a couple shots that he normally makes which happens. McCants need the ball more and DJ is our best WR.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

Tonight was the gulf coast offense. Thing of beauty.

6 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I knew that last game wasn't our offense and glad to have this game show that.

This was a pretty potent offense and it looked like the gulf coast offense from last year...and scary thing is the offense still has room to improve.

But, but ... I could have sworn I read on here that the GCO was dead and gone ... 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, JoeB said:

That may be part of it, but my eyes have watched the same USF football as anyone else had, and the playcalling was different last night.   The QF read option wasn't really there the first couple of weeks.  Maybe it was just trying to get through the first couple of games, limiting Q's use, but as Dozer said above, tonight, they let Q be Q, and it looked a whole lot different. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

3 hours ago, JoeB said:

Astute JoeB.  Execution, aside from penalties, was much better.  QF was able to break contain and their DEs were very soft which allowed him to burn the edges.  Add in a few jet sweeps and the natives are happy.  Since we covered I guess we are now 1-2?