• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

CsZn1cyWIAEbqpR.jpg&key=5c0cfe6e32e70e2c

GAME DAY!

Illinois_G.jpg         South_Florida_F.gif

September 15, 2017  7:00 p.m.

Raymond James Stadium         Tampa, Florida

This will serve as our official in game thread for in game discussions and commentary.  Stand alone topics should still be posted in a new thread.

For those preferring the chat room for in game discussion, you can find the chat room link in the above title bar, the mobile menu selection or click here.

http://www.thebullspen.com/chatbox/

Both the board and the chat room function well on mobile phone, tablet or desktop. 

GAME DAY vs Illinois

After Hurricane Irma forced cancellation of the Bulls’ conference opener at UConn, USF returned to practice on Tuesday after four days off due to the storm. The Bulls enter Friday’s game with three days of preparation.

BIG TEN: USF will take on its sixth Big Ten foe and first since falling, 35-17, at Maryland in 2015. This will be just the second visit by a Big Ten team to play USF. The Bulls fell to Maryland, 24-17, in 2014 at Raymond James Stadium. USF has also played Wisconsin (2014, L, 27-10), Michigan State (2013, L, 21-6) and Penn State (2005, L, 23-13).

HOME SUCCESS: USF has won 12 of its last 14 home games, with 11 wins coming by two touchdowns or more.

FLOWERS CLOSING ON RECORDS: Quinton Flowers is one rushing TD from the USF career record of 32 set by his former teammate and current Indianapolis Colt Marlon Mack (32). With 2,731 career rushing yards, Flowers stands second all-time at USF, 878 shy of Mack (3,609) and 216 shy of Tim Tebow (2,947) for the most ever by an FBS QB in the state of Florida. Flowers has 50 career TD passes, two behind Matt Grothe & B.J. Daniels (52) for second all-time at USF. The record is 67 by Marquel Blackwell (1999-2002). Flowers’ 22 career wins put him third all-time by a USF QB trailing only Grothe (28) and Blackwell (30).

TV: ESPN Dave LaMont (p-by-p), Mack Brown (analyst) & Jen Lada (sideline)

AUDIO: USF Radio Network (820 AM):  Jim Louk, (p-by-p), Mark Robinson, (analyst) and Joey Johnston (sideline)

STREAMING AUDIO: www.GoUSFBulls.com / USF Bulls Unlimited on iheartradio.com

SIRIUS/XM:  84

PREGAME SHOW (2 HRS PRIOR TO KICK):

Jim Lighthall, co-host, Rock Riley, co-host

USF/IMG RADIO AFFILIATES:  In Tampa, WWBA 820 AM.  Also in Brooksville (WXJB 99.9 FM), Ft. Meyers/Port Charlotte (WKII 1070 AM) and Sarasota (WSRQ 1220 AM and 106.9 FM)

TheBullsPen.com: Major In Game Twitter Feeds 

USF on Social Media:

Twitter:  @USFFOOTBALL, @CoachStrong_USF, #GoBulls; #USF; #BullStrong; #USFFootball

Instagram:  USFFootball

Facebook:  USF Football

Live Stats

USF Game Notes - USF Depth Chart - USF Stats

Illinois Game Notes  - Illinois Depth Chart - Illinois Stats

GoUSFBulls.com Game Day Central

Game Day Photo Album - Game and Tailgating by the the fans!

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I have a really bad feeling about this game. The team only had two days of practice and weren't exactly clicking on all cylinders before Irma.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Pyotr said:

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I have a really bad feeling about this game. The team only had two days of practice and weren't exactly clicking on all cylinders before Irma.

Maybe this will actually be a blessing.

We had all year to prepare for SJSU...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Pyotr said:

6 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Maybe this will actually be a blessing.

We had all year to prepare for SJSU...

SJSU = 550 yards/42 points = a ridiculous assessment

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Cable network is damaged by the storm. The provider said it may be another two weeks before cable or internet is restored at the house I will be at Friday night. I won't be able to watch this one at home. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Cable network is damaged by the storm. The provider said it may be another two weeks before cable or internet is restored at the house I will be at Friday night. I won't be able to watch this one at home. 

Are you within driving distance of Ray Jay?  Have a ticket for you if you can get there.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I hate 7 o'clock games on Weekdays.. Have to see if I can get out of the office a little early today as I normally leave at 4 which happens to be the start time for the game out here. I'll be stuck in traffic trying to get home until around halftime;  even then it's a fight weekend so traffic will be worse than normal...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

I hate 7 o'clock games on Weekdays.. Have to see if I can get out of the office a little early today as I normally leave at 4 which happens to be the start time for the game out here. I'll be stuck in traffic trying to get home until around halftime;  even then it's a fight weekend so traffic will be worse than normal...

Listen on the new Bulls Unlimited App

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The defense is not going to give up a lot of points. I feel like the offense is good for at least 35.  I think the Hurricane may have been a blessing in disguise.  I think the guys were tired and flat coming out of camp and needed to get their legs under them.  They should be more energized and I think now that we're well into the season, we'll see some more aggressive play calling and better execution.