• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

U of Miami Fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, MikePhillips said:

I grew up in Miami, and Ft Lauderdale

UM fans, by FAR, are the worst fans I've ever encountered... in any sports capacity. 

They are classless, rude, disgusting, vulgar, and violent. 

Most have no clue that the University of Miami.... isn't even located in Miami! It's in Coral Gables!

Very few of them, even went to UM, or have any stepped foot on the campus. I always ask them "Hey, what did you major in, when you went to UM? How was living on campus?"

We are all here to route for the colleges we graduated from.... wtf are YOU doing here?

You could say that about almost any college team.  How many of those rednecks and their Roll Tide actually went to Alabama?  How many of them even have a HS diploma, GED, or even finished middle school?

While I agree that people should root for the school they graduated from, people often root for the hometown team.  We need more of that in Tampa and maybe we would put more butts in the seats.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

On 10/24/2017 at 4:04 PM, MikePhillips said:

UM fans, by FAR, are the worst fans I've ever encountered... in any sports capacity. 

They are classless, rude, disgusting, vulgar, and violent

They are certainly in the top 5 of "fan bases, as a whole, I wish to have nothing to do with" ....

On 10/24/2017 at 4:04 PM, MikePhillips said:

Very few of them, even went to UM, or have any stepped foot on the campus. I always ask them "Hey, what did you major in, when you went to UM? How was living on campus?"

We are all here to route for the colleges we graduated from.... wtf are YOU doing here?

This sentiment I disagree as a big supporter of Tampa college football teams past and present, having attended neither. I see no problem with locals attaching themselves to colleges that they didn't attend. USF has a lot and as htb said, we could use a ton more ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, hightechbull said:

You could say that about almost any college team.  How many of those rednecks and their Roll Tide actually went to Alabama?  How many of them even have a HS diploma, GED, or even finished middle school?

While I agree that people should root for the school they graduated from, people often root for the hometown team.  We need more of that in Tampa and maybe we would put more butts in the seats.

Having lived in Pensacola (lower Alabama), people have 1 of 3 allegiances. Alabama, Georgia if they had family from there, and FSU. And even that was a stretch, mostly just people who wanted to root for a Florida team from living in Florida. The people I knew had either no one in their family go to college or attended a school with little or no football presence. No one I ever came across when living there gives a **** about the Saints or Jags (the two teams you get regionally on TV). Football is college football.

Edited by JTrue