• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. SJSU Spartans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Footing was a major issue 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

True...the stats don't tell the tale.  I can't recall one duck (save the intentional grounding), and maybe one risky one to MVS.  The drops hurt, and killed drives.

His deep passes were mostly dead on.  The TD passes were perfection.

The second Wicox drop was a great pass into a tight window. Best throw Q has ever thrown in a live game maybe.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

VICTORY 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

On 8/26/2017 at 11:46 PM, raptorcj said:

Right, winning by 20 is just not going to cut it. Especially without at least adding a FG for that last drive to pad it. Sheesh.

Good night, I'm sure all the Bulls fans there are seriously relieved. I know I am.

That last drive we easily, and intentionally, left points on the field.  

Anyone looking at this objectively will see the team got caught flat footed and got behind early.  It could happen to any team but good ones respond the way we did.

I was annoyed at the beginning of the game because I wanted to sit back and watch an easy win but at no point did I think we were going to lose.  We were down by 16 with 6+ minutes in the 1st quarter.  We got punched in the mouth but SJST is a losing team that was just as shocked as the rest of us.  I knew (and they probably knew deep down) that we would come back.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, MMW said:

On 8/26/2017 at 11:46 PM, raptorcj said:

Right, winning by 20 is just not going to cut it. Especially without at least adding a FG for that last drive to pad it. Sheesh.

Good night, I'm sure all the Bulls fans there are seriously relieved. I know I am.

That last drive we easily, and intentionally, left points on the field.  

Anyone looking at this objectively will see the team got caught flat footed and got behind early.  It could happen to any team but good ones respond the way we did.

I was annoyed at the beginning of the game because I wanted to sit back and watch an easy win but at no point did I think we were going to lose.  We were down by 16 with 6+ minutes in the 1st quarter.  We got punched in the mouth but SJST is a losing team that was just as shocked as the rest of us.  I knew (and they probably knew deep down) that we would come back.

Just so it's clear, my first comment above is pure sarcasm...except for being relieved at the recovery.

I think I created a new tumor with all the stress from the first Q, lol.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Just so it's clear, my first comment above is pure sarcasm...except for being relieved at the recovery.

I think I created a new tumor with all the stress from the first Q, lol.

LOL, I should have been more clear that I was just building on the point you made (sarcastically).

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/26/2017 at 7:14 PM, Longhorngary said:

Sorry Bulls fans,  you're seeing just why we fired Strong.

I would make one suggestion,  Have someone check to see if Strong's headset is even plugged in.  There's a Strong belief he wasn't listening to anything his first season here.  If he does have it tuned in,  proceed to have someone quickly disable it.

Good Luck

It was just a matter of time until the real Charlie Strong showed up....his best year at Texas was his first while coaching other players....the more time passes....the  more undisciplined  players become...and the losses start to mount.  Do yourself a favor and cut bait now especially as this is the cheapest his buyout will be for the next three years while he's still on Texas' partial salary.  You got a cheap look at him on Texas' dime...and you can already see what you have.  Cut Bait!   Strong owes Teddy Bridgewater millions of dollars as he was so talented he masked Strong's lack of ability.

Once Again Good Luck....he's managed in two seasons to undo most of Taggert's good work.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279

I've said it before on the boards, Harlan told me the night before the SJSU that they wanted to slow Q down. That is the moment my doubt about that regime set in. How could you even conceive of putting reins on the most dynamic playmaker we have ever had? Or might ever have.

Everything else since that day has just reinforced the fears I had after those seemingly innocent comments. When scoring too fast is the problem to fix...

• 9 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16

On 8/26/2017 at 7:14 PM, Longhorngary said:

Sorry Bulls fans,  you're seeing just why we fired Strong.

I would make one suggestion,  Have someone check to see if Strong's headset is even plugged in.  There's a Strong belief he wasn't listening to anything his first season here.  If he does have it tuned in,  proceed to have someone quickly disable it.

Good Luck

Two years in and I tried to warn you