• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Any Buzz on Campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Classes start next week, according to the academic calendar. I wonder if there's any buzz in the dorms and on campus about all the football hype?

Old(er) Bulls, wouldn't you love to be a freshman living in the dorms again? My freshman year was 1989: USF football was but a distant dream.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, FarEastBull said:

Classes start next week, according to the academic calendar. I wonder if there's any buzz in the dorms and on campus about all the football hype?

Old(er) Bulls, wouldn't you love to be a freshman living in the dorms again? My freshman year was 1989: USF football was but a distant dream.

Move in day was yesterday and they were hyping the pep rally and team; the buzz is there but will the students put their money where their mouth is? I honestly think so yes. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, FarEastBull said:

I was four years prior to you and football was not even a discussion on campus. The fall really was boring for me but we all followed the nfl religiously at that time to compensate. Yes, to be a freshman today...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Daughter just moving a little off campus and when I asked if she was going to the rally, response .... "What rally?" Honestly, it's been a pretty hectic couple days moving into new place that's been an adventure .... Assuming, hoping, there are tons of students more engaged than she is.

• Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, MDBull20 said:

As a freshman who just moved in yesterday, I have met a few people who are just as hyped as I am. I can not tell the overall hype just yet but if the team plays as well as we all know they can the students will definitely show up.

Congrats on your wise decision to attend USF!  We'll count on you to be our "insider" to give us updates on attitudes of the students.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Daughter just moving a little off campus and when I asked if she was going to the rally, response .... "What rally?" Honestly, it's been a pretty hectic couple days moving into new place that's been an adventure .... Assuming, hoping, there are tons of students more engaged than she is.

The, "week of welcome" is plastered all over campus.  If any students doesn't know about it, it's usually because they don't care enough.  BTW, my son is the same way.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

Are the new Dorms open yet? I lived in Zeta in the Andros complex...class of 2012...

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Pep Rally is tonight, hopefully there is some buzz for this team although it might be too soon to tell on campus.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, usfdude22 said:

Are the new Dorms open yet? I lived in Zeta in the Andros complex...class of 2012...

Yes, Beacon Hall and Summit Hall are open.  I'm not sure if The Hub (dining hall) or The Fit (fitness center) are yet, but they're supposed to be this fall.  The other three (Pinnacle Hall, Horizon Hall, and Endeavor Hall) are scheduled to open fall 2018.  Publix is scheduled for spring 2018.

• Upvote 1