• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

9...8...7 Poll  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Not the first or last time this topic will come up, just have a little fun before the start of the season!

PS - it's a little fairer to exclude Q's senior season, as neither BJ nor MG really had one due to injury.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

After this year, I expect QF to be the best QB in USF football history.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Days Won:  2

QF is the best QB in USF history without playing a down yet this season and it isn't even close.  

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Man that was a tough choice bc each qb helped elevate the program in their own respect. But the numbers don't lie and Q is killing it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

#Protest

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Q, brought us back from the depths of hell

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

26 minutes ago, jg233 said:

QF is the best QB in USF history without playing a down yet this season and it isn't even close.  

I only say what I said because I still hold the level of competition Grothe faced, plus his wins against top BCS (at the time) teams, that QF just doesn't have.  

If QF takes us this year where we're all hoping he does, I'll then back your statement at 100%, minus the part about "without playing a down yet this season." 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,327
  • Content Count:  21,277
  • Days Won:  10

Hard to beat 2000 yards in the air and 1000 on the ground and no other quarterback in Florida has ever done that before.   That is incredible if you think about it.  Not one FSU, UF or Miami QB has done that.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

#Protest

I support your right to do so!!!!!!!

firstamendment_0.jpg

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

This is a bit tougher than most think about. QF had some great numbers last year and will probably do the same this year.  From a numbers perspective QF is the best in USF history.

On the other side Grothe was the transition QB as we moved from CUSA to the BE. Many of the younger fans may not remember that in Grothe's first year as QB that the fifth year seniors had been recruited when we were still FCS (1AA) for the old timers. Grothe played a tough schedule without the talent level around him for the competition that he was facing (the same is true for Blackwell but he is not in the poll). When Grothe was a senior we finally had the talent level and he got hurt early in the season so we don't know what he would have done with equivalent talent.

Daniels was a one man show throughout his Junior and Senior seasons, he did beat Florida State in his first start. When he got hurt as a senior our offense disappeared with him and did not reappear until MM and QF got going. Daniels won the games that he was supposed to win but didn't win many upsets. You have to give him credit for that amazing comeback against Nevada, basically the last hurrah for the offense for four seasons.