• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Supporting USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 8/9/2017 at 9:29 PM, Triple B said:

Join the Bulls Club even if you're somewhere that can't take advantage of season tickets. The minimum level amount is $100 and there is absolutely no legitimate reason every USF fan who posts on this board isn't a member. If you can't afford $8/month for something you're obviously passionate about you must be severely financially strapped and shouldn't be wasting time posting here ...

I'm not familiar with the Bulls Club, but I'll look into it.  I always thought it was for people buying season tix, and with my location, I can't justify buying season tix (but did convince a friend to buy 4 for his business, so I can join him when I can make it to Tampa.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

6 minutes ago, fhemmer209 said:

I have taken the approach, as someone who lives out of town, to say hello to anyone who I see is wearing Bulls gear. I met a 2015 grad in Publix this afternoon who had a Bulls t-shirt on. He was thrilled that I talked him up and he, too, is pumped about this season. We should use the energy this season is generating to take advantage of spreading the word. And interesting....I had just put the decal we got with the season tickets on my truck when I drove to Publix and ran into the guy. Karma!

Same, and I almost always wear my gear when I travel (international & domestic).  I even had a guy (Clemson alum) strike up a convo in the Berlin airport after seeing my shirt.  Years ago, my wife (WVU die hard) was shocked that most times I saw someone in USF gear & said "Go Bulls", that I rarely got a response.  For WVU, you ALWAYS get a warm & hearty response.  Over the years, I've seen it change for us.  Now, I usually at least get a smile, and a return "Go Bulls!".  We're coming around, but sporting your gear (and hence the brand) goes a long way.  And if some one says GO BULLS, respond in kind (and chat a bit, if you can).

Spread the word...grow the school/brand.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

Same, and I almost always wear my gear when I travel (international & domestic).  I even had a guy (Clemson alum) strike up a convo in the Berlin airport after seeing my shirt.  Years ago, my wife (WVU die hard) was shocked that most times I saw someone in USF gear & said "Go Bulls", that I rarely got a response.  For WVU, you ALWAYS get a warm & hearty response.  Over the years, I've seen it change for us.  Now, I usually at least get a smile, and a return "Go Bulls!".  We're coming around, but sporting your gear (and hence the brand) goes a long way.  And if some one says GO BULLS, respond in kind (and chat a bit, if you can).

Spread the word...grow the school/brand.

Yep....my Bulls and Pope avatar was taken in Italy. Funny when someone sees your gear and shoots you the Bulls fingers and you shoot back....others watching do not understand!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

18 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

I'm not familiar with the Bulls Club, but I'll look into it.  I always thought it was for people buying season tix, and with my location, I can't justify buying season tix (but did convince a friend to buy 4 for his business, so I can join him when I can make it to Tampa.

About Us

The Bulls Club is charged with raising the private investment needed to establish USF Athletics as an emerging power on the national athletics stage. The alumni and friends who comprise the Bulls Club family advance our mission positioning every team and every student-athlete to compete for championships, to excel in the classroom, to represent USF with honor, and to leave USF well prepared for success after the final whistle.

Annual gifts to the Bulls Club and to scholarships help support critical operations for our student-athletes.  As a Bulls Club member, you will receive a variety of special benefits, including priority seating and parking, invitations to special donor-only events and much more.  Bulls Club annual gifts are generally tax deductible at the rate of 80% of the gift.  If you decline receiving member benefits, 100% of the gift is tax deductible.

Members will receive Priority Points based on participation including giving, purchasing season tickets, and a variety of other affiliations and activities.  Priority Points are a means of establishing "rank" among the community of Bulls supporters and are used to determine access to and seating locations for athletic events, parking, away and post-season games.

This guy can chime in to fill you more in on the details:

JL

John Lewis

Assistant Director of Development for Ticket Sales & Customer Service

(813) 974-7492

johnl@usf.edu

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Any amount to the Bulls Club helps, even if you don't get season tickets to games. We can't let UCF keep kicking our tails in athletics donation numbers. :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Any amount to the Bulls Club helps, even if you don't get season tickets to games. We can't let UCF keep kicking our tails in athletics donation numbers. :ph34r:

I know I sound like a broken record, but, being a USF fan being on this board shows that one is more passionate than the casual fan out there. I would hope that passion would translate into wanting to become part of helping USF Athletics getting to where we want to be. There may be some pretty valid reasons out there for not giving anything at all but I find it hard to believe that the vast majority of posters on this board couldn't be at the minimum Benefits level of $100.

2016-17%20Membership%20Guide%20HiRes.jpg

• Upvote 1

Copy of email sent out by Bulls Club this morning:

Dear Bulls Club Members:

Thank you for your participation in the Bulls Club membership survey that we administered last month.  The survey received an impressive response rate with over 450 total responses.  Your feedback and constructive comments will help the Bulls Club staff improve our operations and, most importantly, your experience as a donor.

To view the results of our survey, please click HERE.

In response to the question, “What is your biggest concern with the Bulls Club? How can we improve your experience (if at all)?” there were a few common themes that we, as a staff, feel we can address and improve for 2017-18.  Examples include:

• Website content / experience with donating online
    • It is clear Bulls Club members prefer to go online to find information about their membership, upcoming events, and to make a donation.  We will make a conscious effort to keep information on www.mybullsclub.com fresh, consistent and clean and also continue to research ways to make the online giving process as easy and customer-friendly as possible.
  • Lack of appreciation for the “average donor”
    • Every Bulls Club member is important to our mission of providing scholarship and educational support for USF student-athletes.  In 2016-17 alone, Stampede level members ($250-$999 annually) combined to generate over $375,000 of scholarship support!  Having said that, we will do a better job in our stewardship department in 2017-18 fund year.  At the end of each year, all members should be personally contacted and thanked by a student-athlete, but we also have new ideas to say “thank you” throughout the year for your incredible support.
  • Knowledge of the mission of the Bulls Club / what it means to be a Bulls Club member
    • The Bulls Club is the principal fundraising arm of USF Athletics.  The Bulls Club provides a way for supporters to help over 450 student-athletes receive a top-tier education while pursuing their goals both on and off the field of competition.  While the primary focus is providing scholarship support for student-athletes, the Bulls Club is also focused on raising money for facilities upgrades and high impact projects that directly benefit our student-athletes.  We will make a point to better educate and communicate our mission in our emails, social media posts, promotional materials and personal contacts.  

We greatly appreciate your generous support of the Bulls Club, and thank you, once again, for your participation in our survey.  If you would like to speak with a member of the Bulls Club Staff directly, please to do not hesitate to contact us by phone: 1-800-GOBULLS or email: ath-bullslcub@usf.edu

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

One thing that giving does, no matter the amount, is increase the "Alumni Giving" metric that is used in rating and ranking universities.  Whether it is to the Bulls Club, your college, or the USF Foundation, it helps improve faculty, student achievement,  and facilities.

Plus... it makes you feel pretty darned good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 8/9/2017 at 9:29 PM, Triple B said:

Join the Bulls Club even if you're somewhere that can't take advantage of season tickets. The minimum level amount is $100 and there is absolutely no legitimate reason every USF fan who posts on this board isn't a member. If you can't afford $8/month for something you're obviously passionate about you must be severely financially strapped and shouldn't be wasting time posting here ...

What if I spend my last $8 a month to be a subscriber on this board?

40 minutes ago, JTrue said:

What if I spend my last $8 a month to be a subscriber on this board?

#noexcuses