• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What will it take for Q to win the Heisman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Two words....**** Vitale. He is one of the most beloved personalities on ESPN. His presence has waned as he is getting up in age, and he is obviously a basketball guy, and not a football guy, but if we could get him to promote QF frequently on the network, that would go a long way to building some cheap hype. 

Ultimately, the team is going to have to go undefeated and he is going to have to put up some ridiculously gaudy numbers in order to even get invited to NYC. I'm talking 5,500+ total yards (4,000 passing and 1,500 rushing). In 13 games that would equate to 308 yards ppg and 115 yards ppg rushing. I just don't think it will be possible. If we are that good on offense, he won't see the field in the 4th quarter of at least 4 or 5 of our games this season. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, he would have to put up huge numbers and have others struggle a bit to even be invited to NYC.  Andre Ware I believe was the last player from a non P6 team to win, so that was 25 years ago or so.  Just hope for the wins, that is something our players can control at least.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

An undefeated regular season,  conference championship, crushing every team on our schedule, and a decisively better stat line than Lamar Jackson had last season.  All of that is very tough but what makes it tougher is he would need Coach Strong to run it up on some opponents to get the stat line where it would need to be, just like Petrino did with Jackson last season....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

And top-notch competition.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Let the distractions begin.  Let's just beat San Jose St.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, JoeB said:

Yep, he would have to put up huge numbers and have others struggle a bit to even be invited to NYC.  Andre Ware I believe was the last player from a non P6 team to win, so that was 25 years ago or so.  Just hope for the wins, that is something our players can control at least.

Ty Detmer was the last.... may have spelled his name wrong. He won it after Ware did when he was at BYU.  

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Two words....**** Vitale. He is one of the most beloved personalities on ESPN. His presence has waned as he is getting up in age, and he is obviously a basketball guy, and not a football guy, but if we could get him to promote QF frequently on the network, that would go a long way to building some cheap hype. 

Ultimately, the team is going to have to go undefeated and he is going to have to put up some ridiculously gaudy numbers in order to even get invited to NYC. I'm talking 5,500+ total yards (4,000 passing and 1,500 rushing). In 13 games that would equate to 308 yards ppg and 115 yards ppg rushing. I just don't think it will be possible. If we are that good on offense, he won't see the field in the 4th quarter of at least 4 or 5 of our games this season. 

I'm betting he hits 5k total yards.  Think he'll throw for over 30 TDs and run for at least 10... 

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JoeB said:

But we are a P6 team.

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Everything to go right.Stay healthy QF, that is the key.Everyone will be gunning  for him because without him, USF is far easier to beat IMO.