• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TheComeback: USF Bulls Bold Predictions

From TheComeback article:  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The talent is there and the schedule is weak...oops I mean favorable.  Whether we run the table or not will come down to leadership, the players being hungry and a little luck in avoiding the major injury bug.  I'm confident in the senior leadership and the players motivation now all we gotta do is go "win the whole f****** thing" to quote Jake from Major League.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

On 7/23/2017 at 2:24 PM, Brad said:

We'll be their Super Bowl again?

ucfold.jpg

And they will be Buffalo

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I would love to have the Peach Bowl bid but I'll take the conf championship first and foremost regardless of Bowl. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

Take a look at UCF's schedule. They could easily start the season 1-3. They have though Road games against Navy and Temple. Further they are at SMU who will be decent this year. If their QB play is weak they may be out of it before our game with them.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 7/24/2017 at 11:50 AM, Bausfkid said:

I'm a bit surprised that a guy who played the game expects the team to run the table.  Illinois, Houston and UCF will be tough outs even at fill strength.  

This team will not go undefeated.  That is incredibly difficult and unlikely.

Go Bulls!

The key word is healthy from my original post. We are a very, very good team on paper... and even more dangerous on the field. I've never been a Q Flowers fan from a QB perspective (read my years of negative posts about him), but he has demonstrated that he has the "it" factor when he's on the field. I would take Marquel and BJ Daniels over Q on any Bulls team we've had (except this one). Q is a better fit for this scheme and we have truly one of the best offensive minds (Gilbert) in the game designing plays for Flowers.

I spoke with a high school head coach the other day that coached in the same conference as Gilbert when they were both coaching high school ball. This head coach (his son is a freshman QB at New Mexico) said Gilbert had the least amount of talent in the area at the time, yet got more from that talent than any coach that had ever coached in that conference (hence why he's moved up the coaching ladder so quickly). I get it, it's high school football. However in Texas, high school football rules the day. Take it for what it's worth.

In my personal opinion, we finally have a coaching staff that can maximize the talent we have on the field (and we have them for two seasons unless Gilbert gets nabbed for a HC job after this year). I would expect for Gilbert to land back in TX in due time. I'm sure he likes Tampa, but it's hard parting a Texan from TX. 

Anyways, the 2007 team was an excellent team - however if you placed this coaching staff on that team, I believe we wouldn't have had that losing streak (we still would have lost a couple though). Enjoy this season... the stars don't align like this too often IMO.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

On 7/24/2017 at 10:56 PM, JTrue said:
On 7/24/2017 at 6:54 PM, raptorcj said:

DJ's not wired to be a replacement for MM, so that's not happening. His game is versatility, steadiness, & power--he won't break it open, but he'll do everything to get yards & win games. I do hope one of our younger RBs will fill the need for elusiveness & burst, we need more than QF to fill those shoes.

I think it's entirely possible we'll take a step back on O, but I don't think it will stay that way all season. I fully expect us to get better and stronger every game.

I don't agree with the part about hm not being able to break it open. Maybe, maybe, Mack is .10 faster than DJ. On a field, in a game, in pads, that's nothing. Also, DJ has shown plenty of ability to break things open on special teams and receiving the last few years. Not to mention, DJ was the starter until an injury forced xCWT to make the switch.

Both MM & QF have burst that I've never seen in DJ. Fast, maybe similar once they get open but finding holes and shooting through them is what I feel DJ doesn't do as well. But then I never saw MM consistently bowl guys over (a couple of highlights come to mind though) like DJ can. We'll see how it all shakes out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

GAME ONE

USF @ San Jose State

Only game on 7:30 PM ... we need to win big to solidify our "expected" Top 20 Ranking.

Go BULLS !!!

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Things that make me go hmmmm.  Always fun to look back.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Nah, we're in good shape.  All the dooms day folks would have been singing a different tune if we won. 7 -1 is a great place to be as we are still control our own destiny.  Always good to have 100% control over where you're headed.

Go Bulls!