• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TheComeback: USF Bulls Bold Predictions

From TheComeback article:  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Sure, there is always a chance.  The odds are wildly small IMO and I don't think it will happen.  Everyone in the AAC reads the press the Bulls are getting and we are everyone's Super Bowl.  An overall 10-2 should get the job done as AAC champs. 

With all the unknowns of 18-22 year olds lives (school, injury, etc.) to have an expectation of going undefeated is unrealistic. 

Don't misunderstand me, I hope and pray everyday that we run the table and end up somehow in the playoff mix. 

There are several games that could be dogfights.  UConn always plays us tough at their place.  You bet ECU will remember the final 2 minutes of last year's game.  Taggart or no Taggart, they will not forget.  Houston is going to be tough again and UCF will more than ready to go.  Frost has done a great job in a very short period of time there.

Last year virtually everyone called me crazy when I said watch Temple.  USF thought they were going to come to Philly and run over them.  Temple's strength (running the ball) was our weakness (stopping the run) and we got exposed big time. 

Alas, I'm rambling.  Enjoy the season.  My hope is it's a great one and we all celebrate in the playoff.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm a bit surprised that a guy who played the game expects the team to run the table.  Illinois, Houston and UCF will be tough outs even at fill strength.  

This team will not go undefeated.  That is incredibly difficult and unlikely.

Go Bulls!

It takes a lot of luck and consistent high quality play. If I was betting my own $ I would say no way. Of course if they do lose one I will be like "what the hell is this?" 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I agree with Bausfkid, it's tough to win them all.  But, a truly good/great team will win the ones they're supposed to.  A loss to Houston is much more acceptable than one to Tulane or similar. Be ready to go each week. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I don't see a step back necessarily.  I'm most concerned with whether or not DJ can adequately replace Mack and whether the offensive scheme will get the same numbers out of QF.  The defense I expect to be better immediately.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

DJ's not wired to be a replacement for MM, so that's not happening. His game is versatility, steadiness, & power--he won't break it open, but he'll do everything to get yards & win games. I do hope one of our younger RBs will fill the need for elusiveness & burst, we need more than QF to fill those shoes.

I think it's entirely possible we'll take a step back on O, but I don't think it will stay that way all season. I fully expect us to get better and stronger every game.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

There are several games that could be dogfights.  UConn always plays us tough at their place.  You bet ECU will remember the final 2 minutes of last year's game.  Taggart or no Taggart, they will not forget.  Houston is going to be tough again and UCF will more than ready to go.  Frost has done a great job in a very short period of time there.

Agree with this. Hopefully the coaching transition will be as smooth as everyone here seems to think it will be. I wouldn't be shocked if we went 12-0, or 8-4 in the regular season. Just no telling. Strong (and Gilbert) only managed a 5-7 record in his third year at Texas, including a loss to a horrible 2-10 Kansas team. I do have high hopes for the season regardless, but not confident enough to wager much on a conference championship. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

DJ's not wired to be a replacement for MM, so that's not happening. His game is versatility, steadiness, & power--he won't break it open, but he'll do everything to get yards & win games. I do hope one of our younger RBs will fill the need for elusiveness & burst, we need more than QF to fill those shoes.

I think it's entirely possible we'll take a step back on O, but I don't think it will stay that way all season. I fully expect us to get better and stronger every game.

I don't agree with the part about hm not being able to break it open. Maybe, maybe, Mack is .10 faster than DJ. On a field, in a game, in pads, that's nothing. Also, DJ has shown plenty of ability to break things open on special teams and receiving the last few years. Not to mention, DJ was the starter until an injury forced xCWT to make the switch.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

46 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not to mention, DJ was the starter until an injury forced xCWT to make the switch.

Actually, that was this year's ace-in-the-hole rb Tice who was named starter in 2014 ....

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The beautiful thing about MM was when he hit the open field and hit the next gear.  That's why he will be playing on Sundays.  Everyone on this year's team can be run down.  

If everyone stays healthy and on the straight and narrow it should be a fun year.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

16 hours ago, Brad said:

I agree with Bausfkid, it's tough to win them all.  But, a truly good/great team will win the ones they're supposed to.  A loss to Houston is much more acceptable than one to Tulane or similar. Be ready to go each week. 

If we are going to lose a game in AAC play let it be against a team from the West. That will guarantee that we are playing in the AAC title game. The goal this season is an AAC Championship and a Peach Bowl berth. There is absolutely no reason for us to lose any OOC games, so I think heading into the AAC title game 11-1 is realistic, and 12-0 is possible.

• Like 1