• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ole Miss Replacement HC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

1, If you think the realignment wheel is a decade off, you'll be blindsided along with the rest of the Big 12 crowd.

2, Strong will be here for at least three years unless Miami opens up.

3, If you look at what is in play with TV rights and Live sports content right now, you'll see that either the American gets a huge step up or it gets obliterated. It will be one or the other.

4, USF already has two QB's on it's roster not named Flowers, that can win and win now.

I think Strong would be a potential candidate for the UF job if McElwain can't finally get the offense going. The Gators won't sit and wait while FSU continues to finish in the Top 5/10.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think Strong would be a potential candidate for the UF job if McElwain can't finally get the offense going. The Gators won't sit and wait while FSU continues to finish in the Top 5/10.

Yeah, I meant to put UF not Miami. :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

1, If you think the realignment wheel is a decade off, you'll be blindsided along with the rest of the Big 12 crowd.

2, Strong will be here for at least three years unless Miami opens up.

3, If you look at what is in play with TV rights and Live sports content right now, you'll see that either the American gets a huge step up or it gets obliterated. It will be one or the other.

4, USF already has two QB's on it's roster not named Flowers, that can win and win now.

I don't think realignment will be a decade off. For us to get a chance at making a new conference we need to win consistently and I think the best way is with a coach that will stay.

Strong will be either in Miami or UF.

I have been looking at the rights deals and the streaming companies are not dumb. I don't see them giving us equal money as the BIG 12 when they know they can give us a few extra million and we would take it.

Kean and O havent played a single game. Not sure how you can say that.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, Azmodi said:

Yeah, I meant to put UF not Miami. :facepalm:

Sorry for catching that before you could edit. 

I don't know Strong and don't know enough about him to draw any conclusions, but other than his 6 consecutive year run at UF, he has bounced around quite a bit in his coaching career. My hope is that he falls in love with the Tampa Bay area, fan support drastically increases, and he decides that the money and bigger exposure at a P5 school isn't worth the stress. However, that may be wishful thinking. 

1983–1984 Florida (GA)
1985 Texas A&M (GA)
1986–1987 Southern Illinois (WR)
1988–1989 Florida (OLB)
1990 Ole Miss (WR)
1991–1993 Florida (DE)
1994 Florida (AHC/DT)
1995–1998 Notre Dame (DL)
1999–2002 South Carolina (DC)
2003–2004 Florida (DC/DE)
2004 Florida (Interim HC)
2005–2007 Florida (AHC/Co-DC/LB)
2008–2009 Florida (DC/LB)
2010–2013 Louisville
2014–2016 Texas
2017–present South Florida

11 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I don't think realignment will be a decade off. For us to get a chance at making a new conference we need to win consistently and I think the best way is with a coach that will stay.

Strong will be either in Miami or UF.

I have been looking at the rights deals and the streaming companies are not dumb. I don't see them giving us equal money as the BIG 12 when they know they can give us a few extra million and we would take it.

Kean and O havent played a single game. Not sure how you can say that.

1, We have one 11 win season under our belts. We just need 2 more 10+ seasons to follow that and we will be considered a winning program. We have the market size and are in the right location/state. All we need is for our current coach to stay another 2 to 3 years. IMHO

2, Perhaps but, If USF can make the leap he may stay.

3, If you look closely, you'll see a patern by ESPN. ESPN owns all the major rights on the eastern seaboard, and south eastern US. They kept some fingers in the B1G so they could maintain control over NJ, PA and Maryland specifically That was by design in my opinion. If there is a chance of losing control in one of their states, they will purchase that property. I honestly believe that USF, UCF and possibly UConn will be carved out of the dying husk of the American.

4, I have faith in both Keen and O. Just gotta have faith.

Edited by Azmodi

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Sorry for catching that before you could edit. 

I don't know Strong and don't know enough about him to draw any conclusions, but other than his 6 consecutive year run at UF, he has bounced around quite a bit in his coaching career. My hope is that he falls in love with the Tampa Bay area, fan support drastically increases, and he decides that the money and bigger exposure at a P5 school isn't worth the stress. However, that may be wishful thinking. 

1983–1984 Florida (GA)
1985 Texas A&M (GA)
1986–1987 Southern Illinois (WR)
1988–1989 Florida (OLB)
1990 Ole Miss (WR)
1991–1993 Florida (DE)
1994 Florida (AHC/DT)
1995–1998 Notre Dame (DL)
1999–2002 South Carolina (DC)
2003–2004 Florida (DC/DE)
2004 Florida (Interim HC)
2005–2007 Florida (AHC/Co-DC/LB)
2008–2009 Florida (DC/LB)
2010–2013 Louisville
2014–2016 Texas
2017–present South Florida

CCS' wife is from this area and they have family here. If USF is a winner for him, he'll stay. You are right though, fan support has to grow and grow fast. That will lead to booster support and all the things that go along with it.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

3, If you look closely, you'll see a patern by ESPN. ESPN owns all the major rights on the eastern seaboard, and south eastern US. They kept some fingers in the B1G so they could maintain control over NJ, PA and Maryland specifically That was by design in my opinion. If there is a chance of losing control in one of their states, they will purchase that property. I honestly believe that USF, UCF and possibly UConn will be carved out of the dying husk of the American.

4, I have faith in both Keen and O. Just gotta have faith.

3. I've seen the articles on what ESPN did, but where would they put us? ACC and SEC will block USF\USF combo. We don't fit the BIG 10 although I could see them dipping into FL or TX at some point in the future. BIG 12 doesn't want us and who knows how long that will last. 

4. I hope they can fill at least half QF shoes, but I don't have blind faith. 

5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

3. I've seen the articles on what ESPN did, but where would they put us? ACC and SEC will block USF\USF combo. We don't fit the BIG 10 although I could see them dipping into FL or TX at some point in the future. BIG 12 doesn't want us and who knows how long that will last. 

4. I hope they can fill at least half QF shoes, but I don't have blind faith. 

3, I don't know but, am guessing some inter conference shifts will be made between the ACC and the SEC. Cincinnati is a wild card that is also in play. It would extend ESPN's reach from Boston to Chicago and From Chicago to Houston.

4, I've seen them both in practice and Keen in limited reps in games. The coaches are all hi on both and that say's a ton for me.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think Ole Miss is far too toxic right now for Strong to give it serious consideration.  He has a good thing at USF and if he can win these next two seasons he will have his pick of P5 jobs.  Not to mention what he just went through at Texas where there were murmurs of under the radar racial stuff between Strong and some boosters.  I'd imagine that would be worse at Ole Miss....

Les Miles is a name that makes some sense as I'm sure he'd really like to get back into the SEC and into a position to trip up LSU at any given opportunity.   If a job like UF or Tennessee opens up then I'll be worried.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

That SEC money though. :ph34r: