• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Auman wasn't perfect by any stretch, but at least it came off as if he liked USF. JK is awful and not because of this article. His entire body of work is garbage. The attendance thing is ridiculous. His Twitter is just him trying to come across as the smartest guy in the room. If there's real news to report, he's about 10th in line to report it. Name one time you read a JK article and it contained something you didn't already know or couldn't type "usf football" into Google and find out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Auman wasn't perfect by any stretch, but at least it came off as if he liked USF. JK is awful and not because of this article. His entire body of work is garbage. The attendance thing is ridiculous. His Twitter is just him trying to come across as the smartest guy in the room. If there's real news to report, he's about 10th in line to report it. Name one time you read a JK article and it contained something you didn't already know or couldn't type "usf football" into Google and find out.

You can take the name JK and substitute it with Collin Sherwin and I would believe every word you say. 

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You can take the name JK and substitute it with Collin Sherwin and I would believe every word you say. 

Big difference, though. Collin is a blogger vs. a paid journalist. I have lower expectations. Also, Collin actually likes USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/19/2017 at 10:10 PM, OcalaBull2 said:

Slow news day or Joey is preparing for when the times cut more staff

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Big difference, though. Collin is a blogger vs. a paid journalist. I have lower expectations. Also, Collin actually likes USF.

He is still a blowhard 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Not gonna lie - Collin and team's articles about The Holtz New Error are pretty entertaining though. 

5 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Not gonna lie - Collin and team's articles about The Holtz New Error are pretty entertaining though. 

The fake Holtz and Cosh twitter accounts were the best writing of that era.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

The attendance thing is definitely ridiculous but there have been plenty of times I've seen news firsthand from JK. Could most have probably been found with a Google? Most assuredly, but I'm not going to Google "usf football" every freaking half hour to find out what's going on .... I really don't give a crap about JK wanting to be the first with breaking news. We had a TMZ-type beat reporter whose priority that was and it sucked. Joey ain't perfect but I think he does a decent enough job most of the time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Auman wasn't perfect by any stretch, but at least it came off as if he liked USF.

Auman took advice AND he learned a lot from the dramatic and miserable failure of a beat writer Brett McMurphy became.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I like Colin at times, but he's the king of snark, and takes joy in trying to come off as the Dennis Miller of USF Bloggers.

He's the classic case of a guy would say 1/10th of the stuff to you in person as he does on Twitter.

• Upvote 1