• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rashawn Yates DE/OLB '18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

http://247sports.com/Player/Rashawn-Yates-90229

This is a sweet commit to land. Yates held multiple P5 offers including the likes of GT, Louisville, Oregon, Tennessee, and UNC.

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

This is a sweet commit to land. Yates held multiple P5 offers including the likes of GT, Louisville, Oregon, Tennessee, and UNC.

Great!

I haven't checked the other ranking sites, but with all those offers from big time football programs, I wonder why 247 only has him graded at .8333. Not that it realy matters, but I would have thought he'd have been graded a much higher 3-star.

Video interview of him from April.

http://www.tcpalm.com/videos/sports/high-school/football/2017/04/21/video-treasure-coast-athlete-rashawn-yates/100402430/

Edited by Mama_Bull

#USF has landed two of the top 4 players on the @TCPalm Super 11: @TCHS_TitanFBall DE Rahsawn Yates and @BrahmanFootball DB Jajuan Cherry.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343

4 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

P6

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Wow, guy is relentless and has a mean streak in his tape. How is he not a 4 star?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Wow, guy is relentless and has a mean streak in his tape. How is he not a 4 star?

Because he committed to us.  If he had committed to UF he'd be a 4-star

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

18 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Because he committed to us.  If he had committed to UF he'd be a 4-star

I know that is a running theme with recruits that commit to G5 schools, but he was 3* before even committing to us.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I know that is a running theme with recruits that commit to G5 schools, but he was 3* before even committing to us.

Not trying to be snarky but I could almost guarantee if he committed to UF they would raise him to a 4 star within a week.

Treasure Coast DE Rashawn Yates announces college choice

Jon Santucci , jon.santucci@tcpalm.com Published 6:08 p.m. ET July 18, 2017 | Updated 6:08 p.m. ET July 18, 2017

The University of South Florida’s football team once again is cleaning up on the Treasure Coast.

Treasure Coast High School defensive end/linebacker Rashawn Yates, the No. 3 player on the TCPalm Super 11, announced Tuesday on Twitter that he was committing to USF.

Okeechobee defensive back Jajuan Cherry (No. 4 TCPalm Super 11) committed to play for the Bulls last month.

South Florida signed the top two players on the TCPalm Super 11 — Jensen Beach linebacker Nico Sawtelle and Sebastian River offensive tackle Marcus Norman — in 2015.

“It’s a lot of things. Obviously, staying at home is a big thing,” Yates said. “Family is one of the big reasons. They’re why I do this, and they can come see me play because I’ll only be three hours away. Also I really like the coaching staff and the love and support they’ve shown.”

The 6-foot-3, 250 Yates had 66 tackles, 16 tackles for loss and 13 sacks for the Titans in 2016. He was a first-team all-area pick and earned Class 8A second-team all-state honors from FloridaHSFootball.com last season.

Yates had several offers from Power 5 programs, but primarily was considering Pittsburgh, North Carolina and Rutgers.

He said the NCAA’s new early signing period (Dec. 20-22) prompted him to announce before his senior season.

“This was a really big thing,” Yates said. “If I didn’t make my decision soon … I didn’t want to lose my spot. It’s where I wanted to go, and I can’t just hold it off. I have to be smart about everything.”

New South Florida coach Charlie Strong has strong ties to Treasure Coast High School and the area from his time at Louisville. He signed former Titans linebacker Deon Rogers (2010) and center Mike Romano (2011) as well as former Port St. Lucie cornerback Terrell Floyd (2011).

“I think it’s a good choice for him,” Treasure Coast coach Irvin Jones said. “Coach Strong has had his hands on at least three area kids that I know of and all of them graduated from school. The D-line coach (Sean Cronin), we’ve had a pretty good relationship with him because he was the one who recruited (former Treasure Coast linebacker) Omari (Cobb) at Marshall. I think it’s a great choice. I think they’re going to take care of him. His mom and dad can come see him when they want to. Cherry will be there, too, so it will be like a home away from home.”

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Plays like a big time player.  Hes fast and has good size.  Im real happy with this one regardless of star rating.