• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018 Jontrey Hunter S/CB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Had a very strong showing at USF camp this past weekend.

Tito Benach Retweeted Jontrey Hunter

Jontrey Hunter is an ELITE ATHLETE. Absolute  out there during #USF Sling'N' Shoot

Tito Benach added,

whtdcTYX9kAuPGnC.jpg
0:27
Jontrey Hunter @jontreyh3
Im a walking mismatch 

http://247sports.com/Player/Jontrey-Hunter-46039164

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5290178/5820fa944ba8772758cf4955

Edited by Mama_Bull

2018 Local ATH Hunter visits USF

Local ATH visiting USF today

After standing out as one of the most athletic prospects in the local Tampa area, 2018 Sickles (Fla.) athlete Jontrey Hunter made an unofficial visit to USF today after competing in the USF Sling'N'Shoot throughout the weekend.

The Bulls coaching staff was particularly impressed with Hunter's versatility as a player as well as his natural athletic ability he displayed on both sides of the ball.

USF has offered Hunter and the Bulls got a chance to host him today on campus.

Read more at:  http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/2018-Local-ATH-Hunter-visits-USF-101586442

89. Jontrey Hunter, Sickles

Position: Quarterback

Year: Senior

Height/weight: 6-2, 200

Three things to know about Hunter:

1. Hunter has played defensive back most of life in youth league football and in high school, but this year, for the first time, he says he is happy to lead his team as a quarterback. "I want to do whatever I can to help the team."

2. Hunter has nine strong college offers and is most definitely projected as a defensive back at the next level. USF and Iowa State are among the leaders for his services, but more offers are expected to flow in during the season.

3. Hunter loves to make up rap songs, most of the time at the spur of the moment involving whatever or whoever is around him. "We have a lot of fun with it."

HIGHLIGHTS: Jontrey Hunter.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/hometeam-100-players-81-90/2330677

Edited by Mama_Bull

GREAT!!!

I hope he can get some other local guys to follow him, like  Kendrick Torain Jr.

1.  Jontrey Hunter Retweeted

Kendrick Torain Jr. Retweeted Jontrey Hunter

Congrats brother!!!!!

Kendrick Torain Jr. added,

Jontrey Hunter @jontreyh3
    #Stampede18

HUNTER COMMITS TO BULLS: Sickles ATH Jontrey Hunter, ranked No. 89 on the Tampa Bay Times' HomeTeam 100, announced Thursday evening he has committed to USF.

He becomes the Bulls' 14th non-binding commitment from the Class of 2014, but the first from the bay area. He'll play quarterback this year for the Gryphons, but projects as a safety at the next level. 

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Great pickup!! 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm not a big fan of the way he tackles.  More often than not he wants to just use his shoulder, rather wrap the opponent up using his arms.  Maybe he can get away with that against high school competition, but college will be a whole different level of size and athleticism.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

1 hour ago, bullballer said:

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm not a big fan of the way he tackles.  More often than not he wants to just use his shoulder, rather wrap the opponent up using his arms.  Maybe he can get away with that against high school competition, but college will be a whole different level of size and athleticism.

That was the first thing that I noticed as well when watching his film. Seems like he is always looking for that "big hit" (i.e the multiple crack backs). However, he has solid hands at the line and has good field awareness. One can bet that CCS and Co. have noticed this as well which is why they are taking the risk in offering him and will make him work on the tackling issue.