• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Funny thing happened on the way to the gym

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Went to the gym the morning to do a light workout (which is all I do BTW) and saw a kid out on the basketball court. Thought of going over to shoot with him but decided to hit the weights inside.  Came out and the kid was still out there so I walked over. I said Hi and thought I'd shoot some up with him. Well, he didn't miss. Shot after shot after shot after shot. EVERYTHING was going in from out near the 3 point line.  Then he did a couple of quick cross over moves took a step toward the basket and floated one up one handed.  I said "that looks like Anthony Collins". He did a double take looking at me. So I asked "Are you AC?" and sure enough it was.  So I played ball boy for him for about 1/2 hour and chatted about USF and the tournament team. Said that he's staying with a friend in our neighborhood.  He mentioned that Victor Rudd would be playing for the guys they play next.  1/2 hour was about all my bald head could take so I left and wished him well.  

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Great story!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Went to the gym the morning to do a light workout (which is all I do BTW) and saw a kid out on the basketball court. Thought of going over to shoot with him but decided to hit the weights inside.  Came out and the kid was still out there so I walked over. I said Hi and thought I'd shoot some up with him. Well, he didn't miss. Shot after shot after shot after shot. EVERYTHING was going in from out near the 3 point line.  Then he did a couple of quick cross over moves took a step toward the basket and floated one up one handed.  I said "that looks like Anthony Collins". He did a double take looking at me. So I asked "Are you AC?" and sure enough it was.  So I played ball boy for him for about 1/2 hour and chatted about USF and the tournament team. Said that he's staying with a friend in our neighborhood.  He mentioned that Victor Rudd would be playing for the guys they play next.  1/2 hour was about all my bald head could take so I left and wished him well.  

That's pretty cool. What gym if you don't mind me asking?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

In our development in Wesley Chapel.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Random and awesome encounter. Still putting in the time, that's awesome--I'll definitely be rooting for him, and against VR, lol. Not cool, Victor, very not cool.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Random and awesome encounter. Still putting in the time, that's awesome--I'll definitely be rooting for him, and against VR, lol. Not cool, Victor, very not cool.

VR isn't listed on the Overseas Elite roster but could have been added and it not updated yet. That will suck if true. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

that's pretty cool CR

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

When I first read your story, I skimmed it and assumed Victor was going to play for the Bulls.  What a bummer. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Holy crap. Am I the only one that thinks The coolest **** happens when Bourbon is around? Need to hang out with that guy 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Good stuff right there!