• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When does practice start and which Freshman do you think will make an impact this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Coach Strong will have them ready for San Jose.   

My earlier comment about the team starting practice in July was meant to start a discussion about burn out and fatigue as the season wears on.  If we make it to where some of them predicting us to go you are looking at a 6 month season and lots of practice.  Good for the fans, hard on the players. 

Two bye weeks though, which I'm sure is great for the players both physically and academically.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Brad said:

And that answers my question.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Rizman said:

Coach Strong will have them ready for San Jose.   

My earlier comment about the team starting practice in July was meant to start a discussion about burn out and fatigue as the season wears on.  If we make it to where some of them predicting us to go you are looking at a 6 month season and lots of practice.  Good for the fans, hard on the players. 

Ignore, I see this point already made. 

True but unlike others years we do get two bye weeks to rest up. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  2,327
  • Content Count:  21,276
  • Days Won:  10

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ignore, I see this point already made. 

True but unlike others years we do get two bye weeks to rest up. 

Thanks, did not notice that.   Good point those bye weeks will be important for injury recovery as well.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Really want to see Salomon this year.  He seems like a beast and has the chance to be a big part of this program imo

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Freshmen wise... I think Kevaughn Dingle is a guy who will make a immediate impact at WR.  I know it's one of our most loaded positions but I'm reminded last season we played 10 different WRs in games.  I don't think he'll be the primary guy, but based on that kids skill level, speed, and hands I can see it easily.  He comes in already built like a college WR and runs great routes.  He's a consistent guy who just so happens to be explosive.  He was definitely a big get for us and likely the most talented freshman we have.  

7 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Really want to see Salomon this year.  He seems like a beast and has the chance to be a big part of this program imo

I actually think Salomon is going to have a monster season.  Last season he just got his feet wet...  now he is up to college game speed, he could have a huge jump that resembles the jump Adams made after his first season with us.  Salomon is a better pure WR and I think this offense suits him better than Taggart's did.  That kid can flat out play and is a competitor. 

I think 90% of this class will redshirt,  we may see 2 or 3 guys who don't redshirt because of speed... like Smart and Bell... can't teach that kind of speed.  

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 2

Oh... in terms of new guys, look out for Farrar at CB.  He's a former 4 star guy that didn't like Wazzu... he's out of L.A. and that kid can ball.  He's a bigger corner at 6'1 210 and plays really smooth and has a lot of speed.  He can also hit... he may be our best corner walking in aside from Nichols.  He's great in man to man coverage.  I think he'll end up starting as the season progresses.  He could end up starting by game 1.

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

56 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Oh... in terms of new guys, look out for Farrar at CB.  He's a former 4 star guy that didn't like Wazzu... he's out of L.A. and that kid can ball.  He's a bigger corner at 6'1 210 and plays really smooth and has a lot of speed.  He can also hit... he may be our best corner walking in aside from Nichols.  He's great in man to man coverage.  I think he'll end up starting as the season progresses.  He could end up starting by game 1.

I love Nichols, but his size is sometimes an issue.  UCF's stud WR man-childed him last year.  But he's a fighter, and one of the toughest on the field.  I hate that he's only got one year left.

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

I love Nichols, but his size is sometimes an issue.  UCF's stud WR man-childed him last year.  But he's a fighter, and one of the toughest on the field.  I hate that he's only got one year left.

I think that's why Strong went after Farrar so badly.  Now you can man him up on those big bodied guys.  I've seen Farrar in person, he's on the taller side of 6'1, closer to 6'2. Nichols is great and has been great for us.  He's the example of a redshirt that used that first year wisely.  He's been as solid as any player we've had... but I am excited to see this next generation of DBs come in because I know at least one will be a baller.  I'll miss him but the future looks bright at CB.  We have some really talented young guys on the roster.  I think secondary wise 2018 may actually be a better group. Even with the loss of Nichols, Fullwood, and Abraham. 

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I know this means diddly but Nick Roberts got one of 3 picks yesterday at practice.  Craig Watts got another.  Real excited about these two.