• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Womens Soccer Schedule

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Women’s Soccer Announces 2017 Schedule

TAMPA (July 3, 2017) – Head coach Denise Schilte-Brown will look to lead the Bulls to new heights this upcoming season as they begin their journey for the conference title.

The Bulls will host two exhibition matches prior to the start of the season with FGCU on Aug. 8and Troy on Aug. 12. The 17-match regular season will kick off at Corbett Stadium, where the Bulls will host eight home contests, and will travel to nine road matches. This season, the Bulls will face three top 25 teams from 2016, and will travel to both SEC and Big 10 territory.

USF went 12-4-3 last season, and advanced to the American semifinals. The Bulls have made it to at least the semifinal match every year of the tournament.

"We are very excited about the upcoming season. The schedule is challenging and this is a young group, but our talent is great and our potential is limitless," said head coach Denise Schilte-Brown.

Home Sweet Corbett
The Bulls have dominated their home slate in the past two seasons, allowing just one loss between them, and they will look to continue that momentum. USF will welcome eight teams to Corbett, with the home opener set for Friday, Aug. 18 against Charlotte.

"I honestly don't think I have ever been this excited and pumped for the season to start. I really love the group of girls we have, and how close we have become," said senior midfielder Jessica Hamrick. I'm excited to welcome the newcomers and show them what USF soccer is all about. My goal as a rising senior is to help lead this team in any way I can, through the ups and downs, and ultimately to a conference championship. We want that ring."

The Bulls will close the non-conference home lineup with a trio of matches, including their first top 25 opponent of the season. USF will host matches against American (Aug. 20), No. 4 UNC (Aug. 27) and Mississippi State (Sept. 7).

Conference play will open on the road, but USF will host Memphis (Sept. 28), Tulsa (Oct. 1), Temple (Oct. 19) and finish at home with a conference semifinal rematch against UConn on Oct. 22.

The Bulls posted a 4-3-2 conference record in the regular season, with home wins over ECU and Houston.

On the Road Again
The Bulls will look to improve their impressive 6-2 road record from last season as they begin their travels in SEC country at Alabama on Aug. 24, and continue with Ohio State on Sept. 3.

USF will head to the Swamp for a Sunday evening match against No. 10 Florida on Sept. 10, before closing out the non-conference schedule in Washington D.C. against Howard on Sept. 15.

Conference play will kick off at ECU (Sept. 21) and Cincinnati (Sept. 24) before the Bulls head to Texas in early October for matches against SMU (Oct. 5) and Houston (Oct. 8).

War on I-4

The regular season will end at UCF with a War on I-4 battle Friday, Oct. 27. The Bulls last defeated the Knights in 2015, when Leticia Skeete netted a game-winning golden goal to send the Bulls to the conference finals. Last season, the Bulls tied the Knights, 1-1, in the regular season.

The UCF and USF athletic departments announced the establishment of the War On I-4 rivalry series, which officially began Sept. 21, 2016 with a competition between the two schools' volleyball programs. The War on I-4 represents a long-standing and passionate rivalry between the fan bases of two of the nation's largest and fastest growing universities. The Orlando and Tampa Bay metropolitan areas are connected by 100 short miles of Interstate 4 (I-4).

-#GoBulls-