• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2018 Adonis Boone OT (3-stars)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• 1 month later...

Retweeted

® @Trey_Laing 2h2 hours ago

Replying to @Ajb1_

You know you want to come ball with us 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

One of two new OL commitments today. 

Great!!!

Mainland OT Adonis Boone commits to USF

Video: Interview with Mainland offensive linemen Ray Horton. Adonis Boone, Travis Robinson, as well as quarterback Jake Novello

Chris HaysChris HaysContact ReporterOrlando Sentinel

Adonis Boone said when it came down to it, the coaching staff at USF was what sold him on becoming a Bull.

The 6-foot-5, 275-pound offensive tackle at Daytona Beach Mainland High committed to USF on Sunday afternoon, becoming the 21st commitment to the Bulls’ 2018 recruiting class and the first tackle among three offensive linemen.

“I’ve been over to USF three times and each time I fell in love with it a little bit more,” Boone said. “The coaches make me feel at home. Coach [Charlie] Strong seems like a real good coach and he sat down and talked to my mom and me and he explained to me that he wants the excellence out of me. Also, Coach [Matt] Mattox seems like he really knows what he’s doing and I just like the environment in Tampa.”

Boone has blossomed at the tackle position after only one year as a starter at Mainland. He admittedly was a bit unfamiliar with the position at the beginning of the offseason camp circuit, but he’s had an impressive work ethic and managed to continue inproving at each stop this summer.

Mainland senior OT Adonis Boone has committed to USF
Mainland senior OT Adonis Boone has committed to USF (Chris Hays / Orlando Sentinel)

“My junior year was my first year starting for Mainland and I’ve gotten better and better and I’ve gained 40 more pounds since the end of the season and I’ve gotten faster and strong too,” Boone said. “At the Nike camp [in March], that was my first time ever doing one-on-ones without pads, so then I was like, ‘OK, I can get use to this,’ so I kept progressing and progressing.

“I learned a lot about playing tackle from the camps.”

He has a high ceiling and he knows he’ll just get better with time.

“Coach Strong said he likes my athleticism and he said he spoke with my [Mainland] coaches and he liked my character from what the coaches told him. They like the way I present myself, the way I play,” Boone said. “Coach Mattox, he came to my spring game and he liked my energy and he said he’d love that on his team.”

Boone picked USF over several other scholarship offers including Cincinnati, Indiana, Louisville, Missouri and Rutgers.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-adonis-boone-commits-usf-20170730-story.html

Edited by Mama_Bull

ORMOND BEACH OBSERVER MONDAY, JUL. 31, 2017 23 hours ago

Adonis Boone commits to USF as Mainland starts fall camp

The three-star offensive lineman fully committed to the University of South Florida on Sunday and is looking forward to a big senior season at Mainland.

by: Tim Briggs  Staff Writer

Growing up, Adonis Boone wasn’t allowed to play football.

His dad thought it was too dangerous. But once he got old enough, he made the choice for himself. Now Boone is well on his way to a future in the sport he was never supposed to play, committing to the University of South Florida under new head coach Charlie Strong.

“They didn’t sugarcoat anything with me,” Boone said. “A lot of coaches say they will promise you playing time, but you might not actually play for a few years. I love the environment in Tampa and I love what they got going. I had a great relationship with all of my recruiters there.”

Boone, a 6-foot-5-inch, 275-pound offensive lineman, is a behemoth on the field who stands out from his peers at practice. 

His size is prototypical for his position, and since transferring from Seabreeze during his freshman year, Boone had always had hopes of becoming better, but even this was something he couldn’t have expected.

“My sophomore year I was behind Marcus Tatum and now I still talk to him to this day. He taught me a lot of playing and about how Mainland is a big family,” Boone said. “It’s just been a blessing to now be going into the season settled and comfortable with where I’m going. I just can only thank God because I’ve been blessed.”

Tatum is now an offensive lineman at the University of Tennessee, and Boone, now a senior, is following in the footsteps of his predecessors with a Division 1 commitment. Boone also received offers from Cincinnati, UConn, Georgia State, Louisville and many others. 

In total, Boone had 28 Division 1 scholarship offers and is listed as a three-star recruit on 24/7 Sports and Rivals.

Boone gets his inspiration from his family on the field and off. He has three siblings — Jahmeik, Khalil and Kahleah — and he’s focused on playing hard for them.

“I have three siblings and I want to give them something to look up to," Boone said.

Boone talks up Mainland and its offense, which comes into the season as the odds-on favorite to win district 6A-13. 

Safety Johnathan Huggins and wide receiver D’Marcus Adams are Florida State commits and B.J. Jenkins is a 5’6 bolt of lightning as a slot receiver.

“The receivers all know what they’re doing and they’re smart,” Boone said. “Everybody feels like since we got a new quarterback that we’re going to start slow, but everyone knows what they have to do so I think we’re going to do really well.”

With last year’s quarterback Denzel Houston at FAU, the team will turn to senior Jake Novello to lead this year’s group.

But regardless of who is taking the snaps, Boone will be the man in front leading the line.

“I think this year we have a really great team,” Boone said. “Mainland is a family.”

https://parkbench.com/news/adonis-boone-commits-to-usf-as-mainland-starts-fall-camp-ormond-beach-observer-ormond-beach-observer

• 1 month later...

Adonis Boone‏ @Ajb1_

Film from my first games of the season check it out

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7612717/59bb94a72aa71223901fb733

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Has "big announcement" at 2 today..tweeted to recruiting guys...pretty sure he is about to decommit

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

47 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Has "big announcement" at 2 today..tweeted to recruiting guys...pretty sure he is about to decommit

Neat. Now kids aren't content making their signings a circus, they need to have a decommitment party, too?