• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

You get to pick one

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

2 hours ago, cophbulls said:

if being a P5 meant we might get some stability at coaching I would take that I guess

Who do you think is replacing Charlie Strong?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Everyone knows Charlie Strong will be here for a cup of coffee... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

19 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Everyone knows Charlie Strong will be here for a cup of coffee... 

Disagree.  Here for the long haul should he continue to win. 

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

P5, no question. Anything else could be over after a year. Look at UCF - they had their Fiesta Bowl and 2 years later were 0-12 and no one outside of Orlando could tell you who won the Fiesta Bowl 2 years prior. They are still recovering. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

I take the title game.

That means we've not only made it into the playoff, but we won our first game. No matter what rank we are, it spells good things for the program. Ranked 2-3? That means something good happened to not make us #4. Plus that means we beat the other team. If we scraped in at #4? That means we beat the #1 team in the country to get to the final. 

The CFP is not the Fiesta Bowl. Its much, much better. And a shot at winning it all means I can't help but speculate we'd also have a lot of attention moving forward for the other football-related possibilities. 

If at all else, winning a national title without being in a P5 makes being P5 less relevant. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, crambone said:

P5, no question. Anything else could be over after a year. Look at UCF - they had their Fiesta Bowl and 2 years later were 0-12 and no one outside of Orlando could tell you who won the Fiesta Bowl 2 years prior. They are still recovering. 

Breedwell covered it but the CFP title game would be light years ahead of that Fiesta Bowl .... but I do agree that the P5 invite would be the best of those choices because of the definitive longer term rewards that come with it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Breedwell covered it but the CFP title game would be light years ahead of that Fiesta Bowl .... but I do agree that the P5 invite would be the best of those choices because of the definitive longer term rewards that come with it. 

In this world of fantasy, one of the reasons I would rather go to the CFP would be that it would imply that we can get there and get it done without being a P5 school. The committee electing to allow an AAC team into the CFP makes being P5 less important. And with Aresco talking about  Power-Six and all that, what better way to make that a reality by showcasing a National Title as the crown jewel? 

USF would instantly be talked about for expansion. I wouldn't doubt it for a second. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

9 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Disagree.  Here for the long haul should he continue to win. 

Hope you're right

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

National Title Game (for football)

Just playing in the game is worth about $36M

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, Breedwell said:

In this world of fantasy, one of the reasons I would rather go to the CFP would be that it would imply that we can get there and get it done without being a P5 school. The committee electing to allow an AAC team into the CFP makes being P5 less important. And with Aresco talking about  Power-Six and all that, what better way to make that a reality by showcasing a National Title as the crown jewel? 

USF would instantly be talked about for expansion. I wouldn't doubt it for a second. 

You've got a lot more fervid imagination than I in that fantasy world ... but I do like that world, though. I just tried to keep at least a smidgen of reality in my choice. Of the choices, the P5 invite has probably the best chance of happening (small as it may be), under the current circumstances, with football national title game, arguably, the worst chance .....